iPod touch Too Many Icons on iTouch Screen

sharonib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Is there any way to "hide" icons so that the screen isn't covered with so many icons? There doesn't seem to be a need for wallpaper when icons are everywhere.

danimal99

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
Make additional screens.

Hold your finger on one of the icons until they start wiggling, then drag one you want to move to the right. It will create a new blank desktop and scroll so you can drop it. Press the Home button to finalize it. I think the limit is 9 screens total. After you get it organized, you can just flick them to slide to the one you want.

It's really handy. :)

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
I would like to see a single icon simuliar to music and video for my applications. Click on it and you get a list like when you do an album search, all the individual applications with a small thumbnail image. Maybe the next update will offer something like this as an option.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I know it get annoying doesn't it. I just put them all on a separate page and leave the ones i use all the time on the primary page
See I do the same thing. The ones I use everyday are on the main screen, then I have a screen for tool-like apps, and then finally my last screen is for games.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Is there any way to "hide" icons so that the screen isn't covered with so many icons? There doesn't seem to be a need for wallpaper when icons are everywhere.
Which could possibly a reason why Apple doesn't let you officially use your own wallpapers on the home screen to begin with...

techage14

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2007
California
Which could possibly a reason why Apple doesn't let you officially use your own wallpapers on the home screen to begin with...
I would understand that but, it would still be nice if they had been thoughtful enough to allow you to use your own wallpaper. I, personally, would like to have that option.

fleshman03

macrumors 68000
May 27, 2008
Sioux City, IA
I know it get annoying doesn't it. I just put them all on a separate page and leave the ones i use all the time on the primary page
I kept the first ones the same as how it was shipped. All the extra apps on on other pages. One for reference, one for games, ect.

Maybe someone should make a thread for screenshots of iPod Touch screens?

applehockey

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2008
Michigan
Poof on 2.0 jailbroken does the job quite well. :)

Remember that Jailbreak voids the warranty so that if you need to replace your device, they will reject you. Even if you restore everything, they are able to look into your software history (so it isn't really hidden if you restrore).

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Remember that Jailbreak voids the warranty so that if you need to replace your device, they will reject you. Even if you restore everything, they are able to look into your software history (so it isn't really hidden if you restrore).
Really? Please explain how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.