Too many issues.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DarkRevenant, Feb 4, 2010.

1. DarkRevenant macrumors member

So i had windows xp sp3 on my mac and os x. Got windows 7 ult today so I decided I would upgrade. Turns out you can't upgrade, only replace. So I erased the entire FAT32 hard drive and planned on installing windows 7 in its place ( have everything backed up). It says I can't install windows 7 on a FAT32 hard drive. So I deleted the partition, and wanted to adjust my regular os x hard drive to be the entire hard drive, then have the boot camp assistant partition it. When I go to disk utility it tells me "Could not modify partition map because filesystem verification failed". Boot camp won't partition the hard drive unless it is one giant mac os x extended journaled partition. What gives! What I'd like to know is how to make my hard drive just the mac os x one then let the boot camp assistant take care of the rest. Thanks in advance guys.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You should have used the Boot Camp Assistant to erase the Boot Camp partition

I would clone the system to an external HDD, boot from the clone, use Disk Utility to erase the internal HDD and restore the clone... then run Boot Camp Assistant again

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. DarkRevenant thread starter macrumors member

I only have 1 external hard drive, and it is my time machine on one partition and games installed on the other partition - basically I don't have an external HD available and I don't believe I should resort to going out and buying one quite yet. Thank you for the input but is there another way?