Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seabass069

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
Am I the only one that is now getting really bored with the Mac commercials. They were great until this holiday season. Now, it seems that every major news website has a Mac commercial on it. I think Apple has over done it with the commercials. Once in a while is fine, but not all the time. They are advertising too many times. It is losing the audience with Mac overkill.

Fleetwood Mac

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2006
Canada
All campaigns seem to go like this. We see Apple everywhere now, but six months down the line, we might not see them anywhere. It reminds me of the McDonalds ads that come an go with the tide.

Anyways, isn't a little mental anguish worth knowing that someone might have just purcahsed, and is now happily using a Mac?

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I don't have a problem with them running the commercials so often, as long as they don't go too stale. A few of the ads just haven't been very funny, or they have left us sympathizing with PC, but I think on the whole it remains a good campaign.

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
Apple UK are following the Nintendo method of advertising, IE not doing any.

In fact you see more Macs in other people adverts trying to push the whole lifestyle issue, and having an iMac in the background.

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
I heard the "i'm a mac" guy was not going to be doing those commercials again? I'm sure i saw him i a new one.........

sthpark7791

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
I rarely see Apple ad's! But then again...I don't watch much TV.

Speaking of the Dell commercial..that ad with the guy on a couch going on a ride thru the dell warehouse is really getting annoying.

ddekker

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2006
Michigan
gotta love Tivo, I can skip by those... I thought they canned the mac guy cause he was too cocky.. people didn't like him and were feeling sympathy for the PC guy

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
gotta love Tivo, I can skip by those... I thought they canned the mac guy cause he was too cocky.. people didn't like him and were feeling sympathy for the PC guy

Haha that's is true, I did notice that too.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Being cocky in the commerical or in person? If cocky in the commerical then isn't that Apple's fault?

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
I love that phrase where he say "He know that I'm better then him." That pretty cocky there. I don't know the guy in person, I seen him in Herbie he seam alright. I think he is just cocky in the ad.

seabass069

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
I don't see the commercials much on t.v., just when I am surfing the net. Seems like all the news websites are advertsing macs. Which is great, don't get me wrong. The more awareness of macs, then better we are.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Yeah i dont see the tv ads on tv, only on the web and i see alot of nano posters on the tube (underground/subway). Don't really bother me that much.

Would like to see the gisele ad more though. Thats the best ad i've seen thus far.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
The point of a campaign is to saturate your mind with thoughts of Apple.

If I've seen a company's advert too many times, and it starts to bother me, I avoid their product and consider the competitor's product more closely. I hate "try-hards", and that goes for companies as well. :eek:

It's not cool to over-advertise.

But anyway, I have never seen an Apple advert.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Over here in the UK I have seen precisely no Apple adverts at all. I think Hollyoaks (*spit*) has done a better job of advertising Macs than Apple UK has done.

On the other hand, Dell have really gone out on the town with their ads. They seem to be on everything.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Am I the only one that is now getting really bored with the Mac commercials. They were great until this holiday season. Now, it seems that every major news website has a Mac commercial on it. I think Apple has over done it with the commercials. Once in a while is fine, but not all the time. They are advertising too many times. It is losing the audience with Mac overkill.

How much TV do you watch? lol

Selenolycus

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Read a book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.