Too many mixed responses on reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auero, Jun 18, 2010.

1. auero macrumors 65816

Okay so apple confirmed to me that if you wanted to START a NEW family plan on the day of preorders, you had to go into the store. You couldn't preorder two iphones on a NEW family plan FROM apple.

This left me with having ONE reserved in store. So on launch day is there two lines? One for reserves and one for the general public? If there is two lines and I have ONE reserved (since they only allowed one reserve per account) do I still get the option to buy two? When I called apple all he said was that there is a limit of two per person but I don't want to piss off a group of people waiting . Or will I need to find another person to stand in the other line as well? I do plan on getting there early so I'm not necessarily afraid of stock running out, just being denied the option to buy two because what is the point of a family plan if you only can buy one phone?

2. raremage macrumors 6502a

My understanding is you have a reservation for one, but if you want to buy a second and they have one available, you can make your purchase.

In the past there have been two lines, one for reservations, one for stand-by. Your store may vary though.

And I wouldn't worry about what the other folks think. To start with, they won't know if you had one or more reservations. Secondly, they shouldn't be mad at you. If they think they have a gripe (and why would they think so?) it would be with Apple, not you. You'd just be following the rules!

3. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

I just hope they don't give me crap that I'm in a reservation line for one phone and they tell me to get in the other if I want the second one!

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

You could always blame it on the pre-order problems and say you did two.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

I went to an Apple store and asked a similar question. I am getting two new iPhones. The store said they may have the white iPhone for walk up orders on the 24th. At that point I was considering reserving a black iPhone from the store, and waiting in line for the white one. The woman at the store said that I should wait in line for the second phone with the people who did not preorder, as my reservation for the first phone would still be there when I got to the front of the line.
    It could vary by store, or depend on how much stock they have.

6. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

They wouldn't sell me any phone outside of the one I reserved last year. I would've had to get into the standby line to see if they had stock after that. It may vary by store though.

7. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

My store will make you wait in the unreserve line to get the unreserved phone. You will not be able to pick up two phones just because you want to. You can do the unreserved line first. Once you get that phone, then go and get your reservation. You will get the reservation as it will be held for you. Or, if you get someone else to go with you, even better. Most stores should be doing it this way, although I cannot vouch for them all.

EDIT: Just to clarify, you will not have to wait in both lines if you go in the unreserved line first. Obviously if you wait in that line, once you get to the front, you should be able to pick up both at the same time as long as there are unreserved ones left.

8. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Huh I preordered two phones, one for an existing line and one for a new family plan line. Weird.

9. beebo87 macrumors member

what i did was reserve 2. or had my brother reserve one. i clicked the option to start a new family plan with one or more iphones and when they asked for the name, number, address, and ss# i put the same info on both but reserved them under two different apple id's. i called to confirm that i had both on reserve so when i get there i'll tell them i want it on the same plan.

10. auero thread starter macrumors 65816

I should have done this but didn't want to create another apple id. I called apple again and they were clueless. I guess I'll stand in the regular line and hope I get 2. Im going to try and call my store the day before launch and ask if a manager can recommend what I should do.