too many quote notifications?

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I have been replied to twice from this user yet I have many quote notifications? ( see picture )

all the quote notifications in the picture link to the very same post, and I appear to have a similar number of notifications to the number of replies in that post?

Not sure why this is.

Attachments

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I have been replied to twice from this user yet I have many quote notifications? ( see picture )

all the quote notifications in the picture link to the very same post, and I appear to have a similar number of notifications to the number of replies in that post?

Not sure why this is.
This reason is that, that user used the multi-quote option on this post, plus made several individual posts within a very short period of time and was auto-merged by the forum. So every time that occurred, you received a quote notification.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
but this shouldn't happen should it?
It notified you so many times because of the way the poster did it ... they made several consecutive posts which were merged by the forum - every time they added a post, the system merged it (which created a new "quote"), and notified you that you have been quoted in that "new" merged post.

It won't happen very often.