Too Many restores?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bernie-Mac, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Hey i was wondering, is there a limit to how many times you should restore you iphone? Because i just finished installing voice recorder, NES, etc. and the iphone update came up. Now thanks to that new installer app i could restore my iphone and put all the apps back without a problem, but i was curious if after so many restores and holding the home and sleep button for 25 seconds and all that stuff if it starts to really mess with the iphone, because i have restored my iphone i would say tops 4 times and i dont have a problem doing it again, i just dont want to permanently hurt my $600 iphone. Any insights?

2. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

53 views and not one reply? I guess there isn't a limit

3. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

I have yet to restore my iPhone once, so I don't know if there is a limit.

I also don't want to hurt my $600.00 phone, so I would not even chance modding or hacking it. It is not worth it in my opinion.

4. Quboid macrumors 6502

There is normally not a limit to how many times you can "hard" reset a device ( if there was i'm sure my freinds iRiver would be there by now). But i would go reseting every chance i get, if i were you.

5. logandzwon macrumors 6502a

no worries man, you don't need to worried about how many. During my exploits with applecare over my phone problems I've reset it about 10 times so far.

6. Bernie-Mac thread starter macrumors 65816

7. The General macrumors 601

I hope you like Marimba. :rolleyes: