too many rumors

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kevink2, Jan 11, 2012.

1. kevink2 macrumors 65816

I'm seriously considering getting a new iPad this year. But people spreading rumors make it more difficult :)

A faster iPad with more RAM and higher resolution display would be worthy updates to the original iPad 3G I have.

I really doubt that there would be an iPad 4 this fall, in spite of some rumors to the contrary. Upset too many people if there is a substantially improved model just 6 months later. (Though the much rumored 7" model wouldn't bother me. But this might be like the much rumored iPhone Nano that hasn't happened). A 7" model would only upset people who wanted the smaller one, but rushed out and bought a full sized model this spring.

Though I could see one additional improvement that probably won't occur this spring. LTE support.

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So you are complaining about too many iPad rumor threads by starting a new rumor thread about your iPad rumors:confused::eek:

4. Gus910 macrumors newbie

5. Skika macrumors 68030

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

There will not be an iPad 4 next Fall. Apple has no business case for releasing two devices in one calendar year when the annual refresh results them selling every device they can manufacture.

7. Flynnstone macrumors 65816

Flynnstone

True.

But the iPad 5 will be released this fall on Tuesday!
    Instead of an ARM dual core, it will have a LEG octo core!
    Rumor has it :D

8. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Not for me. I don't bother reading them. If you count on rumors the only thing you can truly count on is disappointment IMO.

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

If you continually wait for the "next" version of <insert tech device name here> with <better processor/more RAM/more storage/better screen/better GPU/more battery life..etc> (pick one or more)... Then you can get stuck waiting forever.

There is always something newer coming down the line.

10. kevink2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes!

----------

Confirmed. LEGO octo core :)

11. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Like the sun rising and setting, Apple will release new hardware. Might they stray longer or shorter than annual updates? Sure. They already have.

Get what you want/need today and worry about tomorrow when it comes. The market for well cared for used apple devices is robust...

12. kevink2 thread starter macrumors 65816

My tomorrow will likely be this spring and the iPad 3 unless I am disappointed with it's improvements. Or too disappointed. Generally rumors are too optimistic.

Main reason for upgrade is that, at some point, OS upgrades and performance requirements get past what the older device supports. My iPhone 3G is pretty slow when I use it now compared to my 4. But still works as an iPod in my truck.

I would hope I can transition my current sim/account to the new iPad.

13. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

I doubt you will be disappointed in the iPad 3. It sounds like it will be a great update. I would buy it for the high-res screen alone. However, it is sounding very likely that it will also have LTE. Maybe a better camera as well. Quad-core A6 - possible, but not as interesting to me as the Retina display and LTE.

I doubt the micro-sim slot is going away, so you should almost certainly be able to pop your existing sim in the new device and be up and running.