too many rumors

kevink2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I'm seriously considering getting a new iPad this year. But people spreading rumors make it more difficult :)

A faster iPad with more RAM and higher resolution display would be worthy updates to the original iPad 3G I have.

I really doubt that there would be an iPad 4 this fall, in spite of some rumors to the contrary. Upset too many people if there is a substantially improved model just 6 months later. (Though the much rumored 7" model wouldn't bother me. But this might be like the much rumored iPhone Nano that hasn't happened). A 7" model would only upset people who wanted the smaller one, but rushed out and bought a full sized model this spring.

Though I could see one additional improvement that probably won't occur this spring. LTE support.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I'm seriously considering getting a new iPad this year. But people spreading rumors make it more difficult :)

A faster iPad with more RAM and higher resolution display would be worthy updates to the original iPad 3G I have.

I really doubt that there would be an iPad 4 this fall, in spite of some rumors to the contrary. Upset too many people if there is a substantially improved model just 6 months later. (Though the much rumored 7" model wouldn't bother me. But this might be like the much rumored iPhone Nano that hasn't happened). A 7" model would only upset people who wanted the smaller one, but rushed out and bought a full sized model this spring.

Though I could see one additional improvement that probably won't occur this spring. LTE support.
So you are complaining about too many iPad rumor threads by starting a new rumor thread about your iPad rumors:confused::eek:

Comment

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
There will not be an iPad 4 next Fall. Apple has no business case for releasing two devices in one calendar year when the annual refresh results them selling every device they can manufacture.

Comment

Flynnstone

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Cold beer land
There will not be an iPad 4 next Fall. Apple has no business case for releasing two devices in one calendar year when the annual refresh results them selling every device they can manufacture.
True.

But the iPad 5 will be released this fall on Tuesday!
Instead of an ARM dual core, it will have a LEG octo core!
Rumor has it :D

Comment

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
If you continually wait for the "next" version of <insert tech device name here> with <better processor/more RAM/more storage/better screen/better GPU/more battery life..etc> (pick one or more)... Then you can get stuck waiting forever.

There is always something newer coming down the line.

Comment

anthonymoody

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2002
Like the sun rising and setting, Apple will release new hardware. Might they stray longer or shorter than annual updates? Sure. They already have.

Get what you want/need today and worry about tomorrow when it comes. The market for well cared for used apple devices is robust...

Comment

kevink2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
My tomorrow will likely be this spring and the iPad 3 unless I am disappointed with it's improvements. Or too disappointed. Generally rumors are too optimistic.

Main reason for upgrade is that, at some point, OS upgrades and performance requirements get past what the older device supports. My iPhone 3G is pretty slow when I use it now compared to my 4. But still works as an iPod in my truck.

I would hope I can transition my current sim/account to the new iPad.

Comment

KevinC867

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Saratoga, CA
My tomorrow will likely be this spring and the iPad 3 unless I am disappointed with it's improvements. Or too disappointed. Generally rumors are too optimistic.

Main reason for upgrade is that, at some point, OS upgrades and performance requirements get past what the older device supports. My iPhone 3G is pretty slow when I use it now compared to my 4. But still works as an iPod in my truck.

I would hope I can transition my current sim/account to the new iPad.
I doubt you will be disappointed in the iPad 3. It sounds like it will be a great update. I would buy it for the high-res screen alone. However, it is sounding very likely that it will also have LTE. Maybe a better camera as well. Quad-core A6 - possible, but not as interesting to me as the Retina display and LTE.

I doubt the micro-sim slot is going away, so you should almost certainly be able to pop your existing sim in the new device and be up and running.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.