Too much fingerprints on IPad Pro 9.7? (worried)+photos

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Pelcom, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Pelcom macrumors newbie

Pelcom

Hello everyone!
    I have noticed that everyday my new Black Ipad pro 9.7 to get a white haze of fingerprints. Ok, i know that this is normal but with my previous iPad 2 I never had this issue. Now i can see a lot. Do you have this issue on your Black or white iPads.Here you are a comparative with my previous iPad 2.

IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1627.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Thank you for you help!

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

This is likely due to the difference in screen treatments. The iPad pro screen is supposed to have more friction than the previous ones to help with the feel of using the Pencil. I suspect this also contributes to finger oils being more readily trapped on the screen.

It's not a major concern, just requires more frequent cleaning.

3. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

4. pmpalmiero macrumors newbie

pmpalmiero

I noticed this difference too. In fact specks of dust won't budge even with a microfiber. It takes water and the microfiber to clear the prints and dust.

5. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

wash your hands once in a while also, that would help, my iPad doesn't have a fraction of that kind of smudging

6. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

I don't have the iPad Pro 9.7 yet, but I noticed my iPad Air 2 shows finger prints way more than my iPad 2 and 3 did. The iPad Air I had was in the middle. The coatings changed on each to make them more anti-reflective or as others pointed out for pencil support.

Also that is one advantage of the white bezels is it doesn't show fingerprints on that part as much. Not enough to make we get white bezeled devices again, but can see that benefit.

7. iSheep5S macrumors 6502a

iSheep5S

8. RedOrchestra Suspended

It's a RAM thing - if it had 4GB of RAM, fingerprints wouldn't be an issue.

9. aesc80 macrumors 6502

aesc80

Lol. Forums will be forums.

It does seem like this iPad gets much more oily. Put together that if you're using pencil, your hands are definitely on the screen much more than usual. If you can live with the screen degrade, get a matted screen protector. No more smudging and more friction for your writing. Otherwise, you'll simply need to wipe it down more.

10. frankdogg macrumors regular

frankdogg

burn your fingerprints off of your fingers. problem solved. =)

11. frogger2020 macrumors regular

Clean it with a microfiber or wear latex gloves when you use it.

12. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

He would still deposit grease on the screen, so no.

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Most products require occasional cleaning. I dust my TV and vacuum my couch as well so I don't see cleaning an iPad as a big deal.

14. pmpalmiero macrumors newbie

pmpalmiero

My house needs a through cleaning. How much do you charge? Just kidding.

15. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

My iPad Air 2 seemed to show more fingerprints than my previous iPads, but my iPad Pro 9.7 seems to show less fingerprints than all my previous iPads. I do clean mine often with a microfiber cloth but there is very little to wipe off most of the time. I also have the white bezel on the Pro which helps.

16. sookainian macrumors regular

17. stevemiller macrumors 65816

I noticed my 9.7 iPad Pro shows prints worse as well. It's neither imagination or hygiene, as I can put it side by side with my iPhone and can see the iPad picking up prints much much easier.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it definitely is a thing.

18. Serban Suspended

19. koolmagicguy macrumors 6502

koolmagicguy

Not to mention the ash from the burning process.

20. brand macrumors 601

brand

I can confirm that. I have excess finger prints on mine and contacted Apple about it and they told me that is was because of only having 2GB of RAM.

21. Indydenny macrumors 6502

Indydenny

Sorry OP. Many of these responses have not been helpful nor have they responded to your question. Yes, I have the same issue as do some of the people that I work with. We've talked about it at the office, that none of us have ever seen fingerprint marks like this on the previous iPads.

Servan above suggested that it could have something to do with the non reflective screen. I had never thought of that. I was at the pool today for an hour and read easily in the sunlight, but maybe the downside is the fingerprints. I have an employee who is adding the Zagg, glass screen saver to see if that helps.

This is my fifth iPad and there is definitely something different in my experiences. Actually carry a microfiber cloth inside the case now. I'm thinking that the "invisible shield" could make a big difference.

22. Wackery macrumors 6502a

Apple introduces the Apple Glove, a smart glove for interacting with your touch interface iOS device.

23. frogger2020 macrumors regular

It only costs $499 per pair!

24. brand macrumors 601

brand

And since Apple does not offer long term support for older hardware they decided that the glove would be better off with just three fingers with the other two sewn closed since they don't support those fingers anymore.