Too Much Fingerprints on iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seasurfer, Nov 12, 2015.

1. seasurfer, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

seasurfer macrumors 6502a

Is it just me or it is the way it is?

I realized that my black bezel iPad Pro easily get fingerprints all over the place. I cleaned it but everything will come back again once I start using it. My hands and fingers are clean.

For those who have the white iPad, do you notice fingerprints easily?

2. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

Yeah, funny now that you mentioned it. It seems my Pro has a lot more fingerprints than my Ipad Air 2.

3. Mike Reed macrumors regular

I noticed that myself as well. I'm not sure if it's really attracting more fingerprints than its counterparts or if they're just more obvious given the larger surface area. If it's not just my perception tricking me maybe the oleophobic coating is different than other iDevices (or not present).

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I'm also wondering if the oleophobic coating is different or non-existent due to the anticipated Pencil usage. I'm noticing a LOT of prints too -- I hate to always be wiping it down with a microfiber (you can actually cause more microscratches by wiping it too much), but it seems to show up more than on my Air.

5. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I'm seeing this too.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Once again the Vain Apple Faithful's obsession with how the device looks rather than functions is a never ending topic.

7. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

Stop touching it then!
    Bigger area+oils on human skin=more finger prints.

8. APPLfanCA macrumors regular

Yes and it is driving me insane. I am never one that complains about little things, I'm pretty passive, but the fingerprints are crazy. -_-

9. d28z28 Suspended

d28z28

Haha I noticed a crazy amount of fingerprints on mine, too. Doesn't really bother me - but I have noticed it. Never really noticed on my iPad Air.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Might be the larger surface area. But I notice fingerprints on my Air 2 all the time. Now I've just gotten used to them and ignore them rather than constantly wiping my screen.

11. Macalway macrumors 68000

I notice it. I use a capacitive stylus almost always, so it's not an issue for me, but I could see this as an issue for some.

Now if they had the damn pencils........

12. seasurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wonder if anyone feel that the white iPad make you feel there are less fingerprints?

13. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

I'm surprised no one has said the obvious. "You're touching it wrong". :D

14. E Train macrumors newbie

Has a
    Has ANYONE here bought a screen shield/protector? The ZAGG is the expensive one, but I'll buy it if it makes a big enough difference. Absolutely more fingerprints on the iPad Pro than on my iPad.

Screen shield recommendations, anyone??

15. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

More oils creates a drag and skip when using Apple pencil. When using the pencil to draw I have to clean the screen every five minutes for surface uniformity.

16. Xprmntr macrumors member

Xprmntr

Yup, u can see me vigorously wiping my pro at Barnes and noble like a crazy nerd

17. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

Regardless of whether you get a glass protector, a film, or go bare...a cheap microfiber cloth is pretty easy to do.

18. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

I answered in the other threads, I have a screen protector on my IPP, but there are MANY protectors out there and each one covers a different personal preference. The glass seems to offer more protection for breakage, the matte to reduce reflections, etc.

The screen protector I installed on my IPP is very simply the most like the original screen that I have found, it does help with the fingerprints/smudges doesn't completely remove them but it helps a lot. It is so clear and sharp, I can't even tell I have one on my screen! No rainbow effect, no screen discoloration, doesn't darken my screen at all. The Pencil works exactly like it does on bare screen with just the tiniest bit of extra tooth, but no dragging at all.

This is what I have on mine and I really recommend for folks who want to keep their screen as original as possible but just like to have a screen protector on their screens.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0159Q72CI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One thing I'd add is if you purchase this one is too give it a wipe after install with a slightly moistened microfiber cloth, it will help to remove any factory "stuff" that may be on it, when I first put mine on I thought ugh I don't know about this...until I wiped it down, now I'm very satisfied.

19. jamesrick80 macrumors 68000

jamesrick80

If you reduce the amount of moisturizer you use, it may help otherwise it is a fingerprint magnet. I just keep a clothe to wipe the prints once a day.

20. baypharm, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015

baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

If Apple would make an anti-glare screen option like they did for the macbook pros of yesteryear this would be a non issue. The anti-reflective coating (used in ipad air 2) eventually wears off and causes streaking.

21. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

I installed a Zagg clear (non-glass) protector and that did the trick. I too hated the pile of fingerprints; I had to clean the screen by mid-day on a normal office day.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I was wondering that very fact when I and my kids were playing with the IPP at our local Apple Store before the holidays. It seemed prone to fingerprints when being used.

23. malandra macrumors regular

I have a cheapish glass screen protector and it's making me a little nauseous. Not recommended. I'll be trying a matte option when I figure out the best one.

24. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

I swear by this matte screen protector

http://www.skinomi.com/sk19609-matte-ipad-pro-12-9-tablet-screen-protector.html

Im using it right now. No bubbles, good balance, very light.

It applies like a Zagg. So you have to put solution on and everything. It was the first time i did something like that so it was scary applying all this liquid on my new ipad pro. But once the product was dried and finish, you barely even notice the protector, and you just think the Ipad Pros screen was matte.

I got the idea from this Youtube reviewer, who happens to be an artist.