Price Advice Too much for ipad2?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nychot, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I have my ipad2 on craigs for a week. In the first hour i got two scammers and then nothing at all until today. Buyer seems serious. I advertised $485 for mint 16gb wifi white with roo black leather case/stand and applecare. My wife sed i'm asking too much. Its mint and never been out if the case. Am i asking too much? I'M selling only locally for cash. I sold my ipad1 for $350 just befoe the ipad2 came out. If i sell it i have my firesale hp touch as a backup until the ipad 3 comes out.

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Considering you can buy the same exact iPad Refurbished from Apple for $419 and get Apple Care and everything, I think you are asking too much. I would say around $400. Best of luck in selling it!

3. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

$485? A new one costs $500.

4. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Sorry that's way too much. I think $425 at the most.

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

That's just what I sold mine for. With Apple Care.

Mine was a 32GB though.

6. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

Well area market may vary. But I had my 16gig black w/poly smartcover, leather sleeve and incase lounge case($60) and original box/cable/charger. For $450 and I got lowball offers for $400 all day. Finally got a serious buyer at agreed $450 in less than 24 hrs. This was 3 days ago. mine was 9 months old and in perfect condition.

My buddy sold his for. $375 with leather smartcover and dinged corners.

In the Dallas Craigslist area

We will be near the front of the line for iPad 3.

7. note235 macrumors 6502a

8. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

Keep in mind that some people who shop the list are idiots.. but a good % are folks who know the market & understand that ipad3 will be here in mere weeks. There will be a virtual flood of ipad2's on the list very soon and selling at much more attractive prices. Good things come to those who wait:)

Also, you need to look at the fact that a refurb ipad2 direct from Apple is only $419 & it'll come with some warranty.