Too Much iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by driftwoodtea, Apr 30, 2012.

1. driftwoodtea macrumors member

I recently purchased my first iPad with the hope of it allowing me to spend less time on my laptop. My 17" MBP is incredibly powerful, and required to run my business, but a real pest to shift about with.

For the majority of my day-to-day stuff: writing emails; updating social media; reviewing adwords, analytics etc the iPad is awesome. I use it with the logitech keyboard case which means I can work nearly as fast as I do on my laptop (am super tempted by a Brydge though).

Anyway today, while using iMessage on my laptop, I found myself on several occasions tapping on the screen hoping to highlight a word, mystified that it wasn't working. Wondering if anyone else does this? (or it's probably just me cause I'm an idiot!)

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have more of a hard time going between MacBook Pro and PC at home. I have the Mac and my husband the PC. My issue is the difference in touch pad.

Now I use a PC at work and never try to click the touch pad on that PC. Must be just habit work vs. home.

3. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Never happens to me. If I'm not using my iPad, I have a mouse for both my PC and my laptop. I never mistake either of those for a touch-screen.

4. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

My son did this when we first let him use a laptop. After using iStuff for 5 years, he is used to touching the screen.