Too much space between the text field and the post I'm replying to.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by spinnerlys, Nov 23, 2009.

1. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Hello.

I was just answering to a thread for the 2000th time and occurred to me, that when replying (without quoting) to a post(s), the post is at the bottom of the page, while the text field is at the top.
    To make matters worse, there is a field of options between the text field and the last post of a thread.

I currently use an iMac with 1680x1050 resolution and even that makes it inconvenient to see both the text field and the post I wanna reply to.
    As some posts contain more than a simple sentence, I wanna check back to the post to update my train of thought.

Is there any way to get rid (in an optional way maybe) of the settings in between the text field and the post?
    Or maybe move the posts above the text field, like when one edits a post?

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Of course there was already a way. I just never saw it.
    There is a little button on the right of the advanced settings, looking like this [​IMG], that collapses the settings, much like the button on the top right of a Finder window

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Another choice: Click the Quote button instead of the Post Reply button. Then you'll see the text right in the message window. If you don't want to include the quote in your reply, remove it after you finish typing your reply and before you submit your post.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Op - I have to agree with you. I don't see the point in clicking he quote button if the post is straight before my post. Maybe the admin could enable the quick reply function.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

As you'll see in the threads where the subject has come up before (including here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here), we have purposely avoided the quick reply function since it encourages people to do rapid posting and less reading and thinking.