Too much to ask for?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by A7X21112, Nov 25, 2008.

1. A7X21112 macrumors member

A7X21112

Hey guys i was gonna ask for a aluminum macbook for christmas. I really want one so i can use it when im gone. I got one last year but my mom ended up taking that one and i got and iMac. Dont know why she wanted that one??? lol

but do you think its to much to ask for again or should i ask for a gift card to apple then save up for one???:apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Do the gift card, and save. It will feel more rewarding. ;)

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That's hard for us to know, as we don't know the current economic situation for your family.

However, I think you should tell them you are saving up for a MacBook, and graciously accept any contribution. Leave the amount up to them.

4. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I actually go tmy iMac by every person in my family pitching in about $250 and I paid the rest which was around $300 for my iMac you should try that :) But alos thats the only present I got and wanted so it's up to you

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    +1 That's a really great idea!

6. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

at 24" imac with the 2.8 Ghz processor and 4 GB of RAM is worth a lot. I think if you sold it you'd get more than enough to buy a macbook. but maybe you want to keep the imac too, or you wouldn't feel right about selling a gift.

And "too much to ask for" is really subjective. the great thing about asking is that the worst that can happen is you won't get what you ask for. So, I say ask and if you get the macbook, great. if not, oh well.

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Yes. Back-to-back Apple Christmases? Damn dude.

If you're old enough to use and enjoy hi-tech things like computers and laptops, you're probably old enough to pull your weight ;) You got a brand new computer just last year!

You should spoil your mom this year! Get her something nice!

8. A7X21112 thread starter macrumors member

A7X21112

well i always spoil everyone in my family and get great things for them hehe

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you want the MacBook, you could ask a gift card and then sell your iMac and buy the MacBook.

10. A7X21112 thread starter macrumors member

A7X21112

?....

i would feel terrible letting the iMac go because i love it and i would feel bad selling a gift too...

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well you'll have to make the final decision; did your mother take your MacBook only to give you your iMac?