Too Much Volume Control

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sviato, Feb 25, 2011.

1. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

So I use the iPod function of my iPhone 4 everyday for at least 1-3 hours and noticed something very annoying: There's volume control everywhere.

Firstly, there's the buttons on the remote on the headphones which are convenient. There's also the physical buttons on the phone that change the volume. And again there's volume control when you double-click the home button on the lock screen (which brings up the iPod controls) and on the multitasking bar.

Personally I think the physical buttons on the phone are perfectly fine for volume control, and since I know I can't change their functionality, I want to know if there's a way to change the lockscreen iPod controls to show the time elapsed/remaining of the song I'm listening to instead of the (very unnecessary) volume bar?

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Nope

3. TheGodsInRed macrumors newbie

Rubbish. When my iphone is docked its not possible to use the buttons on the side so the volume control on screen is very handy. If you want to complain about the iphone at least pick something which is founded like notifications etc.

4. nukem170 macrumors member

I dont get it. What exactly is the problem here? Personally I dont like to use the physical buttons. I only use them when I'm in a call and want to adjust the volume on the go. When I'm using the ipod I use in ear headphones that are much superior to the cheap head phones that comes with the phone. So I use the on screen volume control slider. When I'm at home or sitting down somewhere making a long phone call I use the headphones that comes with the phone. So I use the volume control in the head phones.