Too Young To Register For iOS Dev Program! What should I do?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by CHOGG, Apr 20, 2014.

1. CHOGG macrumors newbie

I'm a 15 guy from the UK and i have made and application that is nearly ready for the app store. I just need to register so i can finish it off and submit it for the app store. My dilemma is that you have to be 18 to register. Sure I could get my parents to register.. but i would prefer that the actual person that developed the apps i plan to submit would get the credit on the store. I have read about making a company via Companies House (in the UK) but im not sure how much work and legal "stuff" i would have to continuously undergo and submit to keep my company. Do you have any suggestions to what i should do? Weather through the individual dev section or the company section. I'm new to the forum and i would appreciate all your useful help.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. mds1256 macrumors regular

To be honest because of your age then you will have to get a parent / friend 18+ to create the account. If you went the company way you would still have the same problem with signing the developer agreement, I would say the best way to achieve what you want (your name credited against the app) is to credit yourself inside the app itself and take the hit with the name against the app in the App Store until you are 18.

3. firewood macrumors 604

If you can afford the legal advice, fees and taxes required, consider incorporating a company that uses your name.

Your parents can start out as officers and/or owners (perhaps holding the company in a trust account for you), but then transfer the company to you when you become of the legal age required to own and run it.