Took first ECG

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jimbo1mcm, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

1. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Set up the ECG function and it works. Says my ticker is still ticking. Set up notifications for atrial fib. Never had any of those symptoms.

2. lyndarose macrumors member

How do you set it up, I can't see the app.

3. jimbo1mcm thread starter macrumors 68000

Have to open the Heart app on your iphone. It's the app that just shows a heart. You need to install 12.1.1 plus the latest Watch software. Then you have to fill out stuff on the heart app.

4. rugmankc macrumors 68000

rugmankc

Did mine too. Worked great. Have it set to detect AFIB.

Wonder what it shows if it detects PVC's (Premature Ventricular Contractions) during the 30second test.

5. moonrak macrumors newbie

moonrak

Opened the Health app on thr iPhone, which offered me to configure the ECG feature. After that I took an ECG in my watch. Now to the good part. I neither live in USA nor I have an USA Apple account. I live in Argentina. Was it not supposed to be USA only? Not that I am complaining....

6. canyonblue737 macrumors 6502a

my understanding is it only will report AFIB at this time (plus the usual too-low / too-high heartbeat at rest.) Doesn't mean it won't record other abnormal readings on the actual ECG .pdf you can show to a doctor or look at yourself, but it won't interpret them for you.