took in my rMBP to apple care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgsnat75, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mgsnat75 macrumors member

So I've been having issues with the ssd on my rMBP. for some reason the ssd has been corrupting according to disk utility and required a repair from the recovery partition. first instance i did that and i lost about 60gb of free space which was odd. second occurrence happened and did the same thing. i was going to a full format and reinstall of osx 10.8. i had a bootcamp partition and removed it and thats when the system locked it itself. when it came back up it removed boot camp and now the ssd shows a max capacity of 412gb instead of the 500gb it had initially. so i decided to go to the genius bar and they took it in for diagnostics and repair. Told me they will replace the ssd if anything. Has anyone experienced similar issues?

2. katmeef macrumors 6502

I exchanged one after it failed the AHT with some cryptic SATA code, that rMBP was having issues completing a TM backup without corruption. Did you run the AHT before taking it in?

3. mgsnat75 thread starter macrumors member

4. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

AHT = Apple Hardware Test.

Hold down the "D" key while booting up. It scans your system for hardware problems. Make sure you have a Wi-Fi network available.