Took my 13" MBP in for service...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Imola Ghost, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

since I was having problems with it waking up after it went to sleep. The screen would stay black, the keyboard lights would come on but the display would not display anything. I would eventually need to hold the power button to manually turn it off and then restart the computer.

However I got word today that they are having trouble reproducing the problem and told them that it's intermittent when it happens but it seems to happen more often when it sits for a few minutes rather than all night. I really hope they can diagnose and repair the problem since I've read about other owners saying it was a possible problem with the logic board. I would hate for them to not find anything and send it back only for it to continue, then have to send it in again for the same issue.

Anyone have any ideas on this? This is my very first Mac and my 2nd laptop altogether since the first MBP had numerous problems and they replaced it.

2. DivineEvil macrumors regular

Is this in windows under bootca,p or in Mac OS X?

I have a similar issue under windows, but in Mac OS X everything is fine...

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

It's only under Snow Leopard as I don't have a bootcamp partition.

4. Malithion macrumors member

Malithion

My MBP has a similar thing where it takes a minute or two to wake.

Try to reproduce it by closing the lid then opening it again right away? Thats what does it for mine if I want to make it doof out on purpose.

5. sfroom macrumors regular

My girlfriend's unibody macbook does the same thing. Haven't found a fix, or what the issue is, but I've been contemplating warrantying it for months.