Took my iphone back today...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScottFitz, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ScottFitz macrumors 6502a

I came into an apple store in San Antonio 6 weeks ago about the misfit on the sharp edge of the white case where it meets the bezel. They said it would take a while to get the replacement in. The next day as I was too far out of town to turn back, they called me to say they had my new iphone. No bueno, cuz I live hours away from the nearest apple store.

So, finally got back to SA today and got an appoitment. Waited 20-30 mintues and after a very detailed inspection of my iphone, they gave me a new one. The guy was really checking for water damage. Had a little scope thing that he spent itme on. No water damage thank god.

Got my new ip 3g thankfullly. New edge won't cut my fingers and that is huge. Still dropping calls left and right though. ATT sucks.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

They seem to do that a lot in Portland too. I suspect it may have to do with the Rivers, BrewPubs, and Rain. In Texas I find it strange that they would be that concerned with it. Then again only a blind person needs that tool to see the dot, as it is plain as day.

Good to hear that is was painless, too bad you had to make two trips.

TEG

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats on the new iPhone. I had a similar situation with one end of the glass being flush, while the other end was not. They did an immediate swap for a NIB, since I brought my box, accessories and receipt with me. :cool:

4. ScottFitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, my wife got a paper cut on the rough edge and that was all they needed to hear. Honestly, with all my dropped calls as of late, I am hoping this new phone works better as a phone