Took the plunge and downloaded Lion...whats different?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Big-Viscera, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Big-Viscera macrumors newbie

I mean so far it looks like it does things that Snow Leopard did...except they look a bit fancier. I am not having any technical problems or anything but it doesnt seem like a massive upgrade. I had a look through apples site and I am not really sure how to use the auto save or versions or any of that stuff.

2. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

If you have a Magic Mouse or Trackpad, you'll be able to use gestures and see that it does much more than SL.

If someone is using an older Apple Mouse, or a non-Apple Mouse, they aren't going to see all the cool things Lion can do.

I've been using full screen Mail, browser, other apps, etc. and switching between them is almost instant using gestures. That alone is worth upgrading for me, but the new updated Mail app is also terrific. Then there are a ton of little changes, a few I do not like, but most of them you can change in the defaults under System Preferences to whatever you prefer. I haven't gotten used to the inverted scrolling and changed it back to normal, despite having an iPad.

Mission Control, for me, makes using Spaces easier and combining Spaces and Expose was a great idea. It makes for a faster overall experience.

3. MacRuler macrumors 6502

4. Big-Viscera thread starter macrumors newbie

oh noes! in finder it used to always say at the bottom how much hard drive space I had left! I really liked that. How do I get it back?

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Finder> View> Show Status Bar (I already have mine enabled, so mine says Hide).

[​IMG]

6. adamlbiscuit macrumors regular

When in finder, got to be menu bar and click 'View' then 'Show Status Bar'
    EDIT: Got there before me ;) haha

7. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

Yes, and there are a lot more gestures in Lion.