Took the plunge! (With Video)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thesdx, Oct 11, 2007.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Right now, I'm in the process of jailbreaking my iTouch! I finally sucked it up, and took the plunge. Right now, I'm on step 7 "getfile /dev/rdisk0s1 iphonefs/rdisk0s1 314572800". So far, so good. If everything works, I'll be posting a video of all the (working) iPhone apps, and Installer.app. :)

UPDATE: All of the iPhone apps are now on the iPod Touch! Here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljcoASNL_p0

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

G'luck, sir. I'm going to try this out if I have time this evening, otherwise tomorrow.

3. recover82 macrumors member

recover82

some encouraging words. . .

Here is a common problem I am seeing EVERYWHERE:

People read step 1, then perform step 1. Step 2, perform. . etc.

A piece of advice. Read the entire guide, download all the linked software, if you encounter a command you are unfamiliar with and aren't sure of the syntax or what said command does: GOOGLE IT until your eyes bleed from all the reading you have done.

It doesn't make a lick of sense to endanger your toys and personal sanity by jumping into a process you are unsure of.

Read carefully and be patient, you'll be fine. :D

4. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Don't forget if you get stuck just restore by having the iPt connected to your computer and iTunes open then HOLD DOWN BOTH SLEEP AND HOME, the screen will flash, the iPod will shut off, then RELEASE SLEEP BUT STILL HOLD HOME. iTunes will then say, "0h hai you have an ipt connected in restore mode please be hitting restore and wait kthxbai"

It will restore and keep 1.1.1 and you can either sync or try again.

5. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

UPDATE: Installer.app is now working! I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get all the apps on there.

6. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

Its as if it was made for hacking! I LOVE THIS THING! But how do you arrange icons for the touch?

7. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, I've gotton all of the iPhone apps on! I also made a video that should be on YouTube shortly.

8. sepu macrumors regular

how about a Video of how to do the hacking for people who doesn't know how to do it .... just to make life easier for folks our there that arent that gifted when it comes to computers or working with the terminal, etc ... that would be great ..

Anyhow .. that is pretty neat ..