tool for making picure if logon failed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whiteangel777, Jun 9, 2009.

1. whiteangel777 macrumors member

whiteangel777

Hi,

someone told me that there is a tool, which makes a picture with the buldin iSlght or a different Cam, when someone trys to Logon you system but fails.

I searched the web, but I didn`t found anything.

If someone knows these tool, please tell me the name/source.

Thanks.

cheers
    whity

2. whiteangel777 thread starter macrumors member

whiteangel777

which words you used for searching?

is it use full? did you installed it allready?

anyways, thanks!

3. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

sorry, I didn't install, I just checked the link and unfortunately it seems pretty out dated. The link to the software is broken, though I found it somewhere else.

It requires another bit of software which is suppose to be installed in various locations in order to boot with OS X and run even before logging in, however the other software is also linked with a broken link.

I tried searching for it, and I did find one which is a .pkg (installer) but I don't trust it. It said I would have to install it, not that it had it's own installer. That, coupled with the fact that it immediately asked for my Admin Password, and it is a questionable app from a questionable source means I will not be blindly entering my info -- it could be a trojan.

I tried other searches but didn't find anything that I would trust.

edit: I typed this in google originally:

iSight + Login

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I vaguely recall something like this, just a minute while I search...

Edit: The program I was thinking of is called iAlertU. It's a bit old and requires an Apple Remote (it was made when all Mac notebooks came with remotes), but it should still work.