Top 25 Most Played playlist

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aristobrat, Jul 5, 2007.

1. aristobrat macrumors G4

Could you guys please check to see if the "Top 25 Most Played" playlist on your iPhone matches the same on your iTunes (assuming you chose to sync that playlist)?

In iTunes, if I click on Devices and then the name of my iPhone, it shows all of the playlists I chose to sync. "Top 25 Most Played" is one of them. If I click on that, it shows what really are my top 25, but if I try to play this playlist on the iPhone, it has 25 different songs there, some of which I've never played.

I tried unsyncing that playlist then resyncing it, but that didn't do it. I even restored my iPod (which didn't put any of my stuff back from my backup -- major suckage to set everything up again!) and the top 25 on it's still messed up.

Thanks!!!! :)

2. iph0ne macrumors newbie

iph0ne

I read earlier that currently, the IPhone does not provide Smart Playlists.... Hopefully they'll change that on an update

3. left macrumors newbie

all 7 of my playlists on my iPhone are smart lists. they all work correctly except the most 25 played like the op. I hope apple fixes this.

4. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

wow, i never noticed this before. i just made a playlist (not smart) and dragged my top fifty over to it and synced that playlist as a fix in the meantime.

6. Furgster macrumors 6502

Furgster

7. speedyj88 macrumors newbie

I have this problem with both my top 25 played and also my 50 recently added. it in fact displays the 25 least played songs and the 50 oldest songs in my library. really weird that it just displays the opposite of what it's supposed to. i made a 50 oldest added playlist in the meantime, which displays the 50 newest on my iphone.

8. seanpholman macrumors regular

9. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

Possible Fix

Edit the Smart Playlist and uncheck Live updating.

10. ghett0 macrumors newbie

Haha that live updating trick seems to have worked

Searching forums ftw!