Top 5 Case Brands?

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Title says it all.

I'm looking for a nice, minimalistic case with a decent amount of protection. Want it to be a soft/rubber outer shell, and dont want any flashy designs or anything doofy.

Anyway, give me your top 5 manufacturers so I can take a look at their offerings.

Thanks

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Minimalist and decent protection contradict themselves.

Casecrown
In-Case
Incipio
Belkin
Speck

TallGuy1970

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
I agree with Case-mate and Speck. However, I have also loved my case from Rocketfish. It is the rubbery-gel design like you mentioned, quite thin, but has protected my phone from a couple of big drops.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Not necessarily true. The Magpul cases, IMO, fit this description perfectly.
that was going to be my argument as well as i just ordered a exec field case from magpul a few hours ago.

only other company that fit my requirements was speck, but i think theyre a bit bulkier and 3 times the price.

if i dont like the magpul i'll be going with a speck.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
Griffin Ice is what I've been using. It has polycarbonite rigid body with a soft touch grippy surface. It remains free of pocket lint and is a 2 piece design. The "frame (like a picture frame) snaps down around the display engaging the body with the seam running parallel to the antenna. Pics are with the link. After trying a dozen others this was the best thus far. Very comfortable, it eliminates the slippery feeling of the glass. Just $19.99 it's very high quality.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone/iphone-4/outfit-ice-series-2

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Griffin Ice is what I've been using. It has polycarbonite rigid body with a soft touch grippy surface. It remains free of pocket lint and is a 2 piece design. The "frame (like a picture frame) snaps down around the display engaging the body with the seam running parallel to the antenna. Pics are with the link. After trying a dozen others this was the best thus far. Very comfortable, it eliminates the slippery feeling of the glass. Just $19.99 it's very high quality.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/iphone/iphone-4/outfit-ice-series-2
oh wow.

yeh thats definitely a nice looking one. not a fan of the colors, but i may consider one if the field case turns out lame.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
oh wow.

yeh thats definitely a nice looking one. not a fan of the colors, but i may consider one if the field case turns out lame.
I felt the same way. Decided to take a chance due to the nice shape & size of the rim around the front of the display.

I like to place my phone face down on my desk so if someone walks by, spilling coffee or soft drink my phone is safe. As it turns out the feel in your hand, and the fit on the phone is perfect.

I chose Red. It's a very classy merlot color that looks far better than in the pics. Also it has a semi matte appearance due to the high quality coating that is extremely durable. I carry it in my front pocket and haven't had any scratches or scuffs appear. Secure and creak free, it fits snugly while remaining easy to remove to wipe away the dust that accumulates inside. Unlike others it doesn't scratch the back glass.

I'm 100% satisfied. Not bad for being picky.

djransom

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Speck
Griffin
SGP
Incase
Otterbox

Those are the brands I've had experience with and haven't had any complaints.

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
actually, after looking at the griffin ling a previous commenter posted, I saw a case that really caught my eye...griffin's third man records vinyl case. It's a case which has a back made out of an actual record. I just had to buy it!

If you order from them today (not sure how long this lasts) the code CES2012 will get you 20% off

vmaniqui

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2013
California
Title says it all.

I'm looking for a nice, minimalistic case with a decent amount of protection. Want it to be a soft/rubber outer shell, and dont want any flashy designs or anything doofy.

Anyway, give me your top 5 manufacturers so I can take a look at their offerings.

Thanks
how about this CASE ? Spigen Ultra hybrid.