Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
I am trying to decide between the following:

1) Incase Book Jacket ( I read you can't technically use it like a folio where its flat because the spine kind of still sticks out.)

2) CaseCrown Axis
3) CaseCrown KeyPad (anyone use this before?)
4) BearMotion 3 in 1
5) Yoobao (read it smells very bad?)

anyone have any experience with these? Btw, are the case crowns I mentioned considered Folios?

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
The only one of those on your list that I have is the Yoobao. The older generation ones supposedly smell pretty bad, and also had some magnet problems, but the new ones are much improved. I like it, but I have been using an Ozaki, which I love! It has a hard textured back with a folding front cover and magnet. This is my favorite case right now, but what I really want is a classy looking case that is comfortable to hold while using the pad in bed. My fingers get all cramped trying to hold the ipad up for any extended period of time. :mad:

SR 7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2009
The only one of those on your list that I have is the Yoobao. The older generation ones supposedly smell pretty bad, and also had some magnet problems, but the new ones are much improved. I like it, but I have been using an Ozaki, which I love! It has a hard textured back with a folding front cover and magnet. This is my favorite case right now, but what I really want is a classy looking case that is comfortable to hold while using the pad in bed. My fingers get all cramped trying to hold the ipad up for any extended period of time. :mad:

havn'et heard of that one, i'll check it out.

can't you just lay it on your stomach for instance with the iPad in the "stand" position in the case?

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
havn'et heard of that one, i'll check it out.

can't you just lay it on your stomach for instance with the iPad in the "stand" position in the case?

I sometimes prop it on a small pillow or something, but the pad moves up and down when I breath or cough. I'd really like something comfortable to hold up while laying on my back in bed. Because the pad it thin, its uncomfortable for me to hold it up with one hand, especially since you need one hand to navigate. I guess nothing is perfect. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.