Top 5% data usage at 2.2 gb????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guccimane, Jan 22, 2012.

1. guccimane macrumors newbie

This is boo chit...got a text and email from att last night saying i was in the top 5% data users...IM AT 2.2 GB....theres no possible way thats the top five percent...plus...im only 16 days into my billing cycle...anyone else?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

There are tons of threads about this, but I feel there is more to the story. AT&T might not specify what that is though. I hit 7.3 GB last month and didn't get throttled. About 6.4 GB of that was iTunes Match downloading a bunch of songs. I normally only do around 1 GB though.

3. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I suggest people stop taking it and start taking action. File a complaint with the FCC. AT&T is systematically trying to force people off of unlimited plans and onto higher priced tiered plans. If you're on a tiered plan you can use as much data as you want because you're paying more. Though you're on unlimited, they are trying to discourage you from remaining on that plan by throttling your data in hopes that you will move over to a tiered plan. Don't allow them to continue this practice. 2.2gb is not a massive amount of data and quite frankly with the way it's set up of course you will be in the top 5% because it's designed in a way to force unlimited users to use less and less data. So of course the top 5% is going to become lower and lower in the amount of usage. It's all being done systematically!

Here's a link to file a complaint with the FCC about AT&T's practices. I urge you to take the little time it takes to file so that a difference can be made. Doing nothing will certainly not solve anything.
    http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=d1e419&id=d1e483