Top 5 Reasons to Keep Note 3

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by lusticke, Sep 16, 2014.

1. lusticke macrumors member

I still love my Note 3, however now that Apple has a big screen iOS is a NO-BRAINER for me!

Top 5 Reasons I'm Keeping my Note 3:
    1. I'm addicted to spider solitaire and play it for hours every night
    2. It'll be my back-up phone
    3. It's my universal remote
    4. It's my note pad for homework (S-pen)
    5. It's my illegal downloader (movies & TV off BitTorrent)

So it will mostly stay plugged in by my bed.

What will your old big-screen Android be used for now?

2. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

I used my "old big-screen" android (lg g3) for money...sold it Friday. Now just waiting on my iphone.....

3. lusticke thread starter macrumors member

I thought about that but would like to replace my original Galaxy S as my backup phone. I can't believe how slow that thing is. It also looks like Windows 95!

4. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Haha...yeah. It was slow to begin with, it wasn't until the galaxy s2 that the phones became worth while.

5. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Funny; I will be downgrading from my Note 3 to a Moto G. Realized that I don't need the power on the go and I'm sick of paying Verizon big bucks every month. So I'm getting a iPad mini (only if they put in 2GB) or the new Nexus tablet. I'd rather have decent communication needs on the go in a small package and the power of a tablet at home. It will be the first time in 5 years not having a flagship phone. The Note 3 is an excellent phone and it still matches/ exceeds the iPhone 6 plus in many areas. I just don't use the phone to its potential.

6. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I love my note 3 but will be getting Note 4.im a geek

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Keeping my N3 in the family, the wife loves it. I'll be rocking the N4.

8. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

i will miss root and custom rom on my note 3, but i have an upgrade so i "have" to get a note 4...selling the 3 will cover the upgrade to 4

wish samsung could launch soon after announcement like apple...just take my money already...

9. rockitdog macrumors 68020

If the Note 4 didn't take so long to be released I'd consider it now. I'm using an iPhone 4 and honestly I can't wait any longer, the speed of this thing is killing me.

10. gotluck macrumors 603

gotluck

I gave up on mine last year, it is a feat to still be on iphone 4 :p

11. rockitdog macrumors 68020

LOL, I've only been using it for about a week. Got it at a steal of a price to take advantage of Verizon's generous trade-in offer :D

12. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

Just out of interest, what would you be using your new iPhone 6 to do?

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Only reason why I don't mind waiting is due to the note 3 still being awesome.

14. lusticke thread starter macrumors member

Same thing I used the Note 3 for, a phone.

15. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

My mum is still using her iPhone 4 down 2010. The home button doesn't work but she won't stop using it lol

16. l3uddz macrumors 6502

Ha bet that's a nightmare to use =p! how do mothers do it? My old dear still uses the 4 too, although the home button does work =)

17. daveathall, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

You are going to use it just as a phone? In your opening post you said "Now that Apple has a big screen iOS is a no brainer for me" if you're just going to use it as a phone surely you don't need a big screen. I don't understand your logic. I must admit that I do fancy giving the larger iP6 a try but if I did my other phone would be sold.

18. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I'm on next, so I just give it back to AT&T and go about my business.

19. lusticke thread starter macrumors member

I'm not using to only make phone calls. I'm using it as my everyday phone. That's what the thing is called.

20. daveathall, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I know exactly what it is called, if you can't answer, just say so. It was a genuine question, you obviously don't know why you want two phones, you started this thread but can't debate your reasons, how strange. I won't be responding to your childish answers anymore.

Got news for you, a phone makes calls, thats what it is called, check your answer before you post, it only makes you look silly.

21. lusticke thread starter macrumors member

Seriously? I'm using for everything the phone is used for. Do I have to spell it out for you? A calendar, reminders, text messaging, picture messaging, applications, social networking, a camera, a video recorder, etc.

22. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

Galaxy note 4. Seems like the phone to beat in literally every department. Nothing comes close.

23. Savor Suspended

Savor

Top reasons -

1080p is enough for a 5.7 inch screen.

2K with similar battery capacity as the previous gen will reduce stamina as seen from LG G3 over G2 or Oppo Find 7 over 7a.

3 GB of RAM which is still the highest found in other flagships.

Snapdragon 800 is quite fast and power efficient. Higher-clocked SoC like SD 801 OR 805 wouldn't make too much a difference and would suck up more juice.

24. Markyboy81 macrumors 6502a

I think there is some tech in the note 4 screen that means it actually uses less power than the note 3 screen (can't remember where I read that)

Also believe the 805 processor is more efficient than the 800.

But agree the Note 3 is awesome!