Top 5 things you love and hate about iOS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sensamic, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hey everyone.

I thought I'd start this thread about the things we love and hate about iOS, just to see other peoples thoughts.

Top 5 (with no order of preference):

- How stable and optimized it is. I rarely see an error, lag or whatever
    - App Store. Thousands of cool apps and games mainly. I dont use my PSP anymore. Companies develop really cool games
    - Jailbreak. Thanks to this I can personalize my iphone with different themes, icons and useful tweaks such as Folder Enhancer, LockInfo, OpenSSH, etc. If it werent for the jailbreak community my iphone would seem dull at times
    - Mail and iBooks apps. These are my two favorite apps. Before iOS I rarely used my email and now I used it everyday for most things. Also, reading my PDFs on iBooks is great
    - iPad integration. Its amazing how iOS spreads across iphone, ipad and ipod touch. All apps are compatible, some are optimized for ipad, etc. iOS on iPad is amazing
    - Ill add a sixth one which is HUGE: great updates system. Its amazing to see that the iphone 3GS will get iOS 5!!!! Huge point for apple. HUGE

Top 5 I hate (with no order of preference):

- Multitasking. Its good for battery life and ram usage, but I cant get my safari web pages to load on the background while I do something else. This is a BIG problem
    - Only 12 apps per folder? Seriously? This is just ridiculous. I have 360 apps on iTunes and on the iPhone. I like to have all of them on me and I used them regularly, like games, utilities, gps, etc.
    - Photos. It is **** the way iTunes syncs photos with iOS devices. I cant sync different folders, subfolders, etc. I have thousands of pictures and many many folders. It is truly hard and almost impossible to sync different subfolders from different folders... This has to improve NOW!!!!
    - Some apps seem outdated and need improvements, like maps, youtube, photos (just like I said above), videos, etc
    - The UI is really nice looking but seems also outdated. It would be great to have more things apart from icons after icons after icons... I love the way Android works in this particular area: widgets, 7 homescreens, live wallpapers, scrollable wallpapers, etc

This is all.

2. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I agree with you, but I feel like your being really dramatic.
    photos have to improve NOW!!!
    Safari tabs are a BIG PROBLEM!!!
    3GS updates are HUGE!!!!!

its just a phone dude :rolleyes:

3. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

:D:D:D Its just emphasis dude. I know its a phone LOL :D:D:D

4. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

Is it possible if you can list most if not all of your 360+ apps. I am very much interested in your huge collection of apps :D

5. pintnight macrumors 6502

Since you jailbreaked your iOS, look for "Folder Enhancer" in Cydia, this will replace the iOS folder. Folder Enhancer has a unlimited number of apps in a folder and the folder fills out the screen, much nicer.

Folder Enhancer

6. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

374 apps. And I use all of them, for real. They are all useful apps and many games. Keep in mind of those 374 a good quantity are iPad apps too.

See:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

iOS has so many great apps.

7. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

If you have that many apps , folder sizes won't help you much. I have just over 100 apps and I use spotlight for all the ones not on my home page.

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

There is only one thing I wish iOS had: Built in file system that would work like BlackBerry's.

9. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

I have been using Folder Enhancer for some time and really love it, but I have never correctly backup and restore it. Its a pain.

10. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

Loading tabs in the background is coming with iOS 5.

11. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Can I ask how some of your apps are in Spanish and others are in English?

12. murdoc158 macrumors regular

I'd love to see Apple move to a 2 partition scheme in future iDevices. I'm talking about a 500MB system partition that gets wiped with system updates, restores, etc. The rest of your storage is the second partition with your movies, music, apps, data, etc. that is managed only by you through iTunes or on the device itself. Your personal data would not be touched with a restore (similar to a microSD card) and you can throw whatever you want on it. With all the talk of moving away from your computer, why do we still have to sync everything back if we do a restore?

Second thing I'd love to see is a way to set an app as default. If you click a link in Mail it opens Safari even though you use Opera or something else for everything. Same thing with the camera. Since iOS 5 brings camera access from the lock screen, wouldn't it be great to have it shortcut (if you will) to your preferred camera app?

Finally widgets on the homescreen would be the icing on the cake.

I've got an Android phone currently and have been "spoiled" by these features. I'm getting the itch to come back to the iPhone especially since they announced updated notifications and lockscreen controls in iOS 5.

13. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, but only if you are on Safari. I mean loading a web page while you are outside of Safari doing something else like writting an email.

14. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Yes! I'll say that I use my iPad a slot more than my macpook these days, but without a file system, you can't rely on the iPad alone. iOS needs this eventually.