Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I should take a look and see how many posts I need in order to get into the esteemed top 50...... :D

Just keep posting about photography, - and keep posting shots, and the backstories of those pictures, and helpful stuff about cameras, and technique, and tips and short-cuts, and you'll arrive there in next to no time.

That is one of the things we often don’t hear isn’t it with online forums. Suddenly one day people who you interact daily, disappear. Then you are left to just wonder why.
Occasional you get to find out, but more often than not, you don’t.

There are all sorts of reasons, but "just life" and other commitments - personal and professional - would be one of the key reasons.

Ill-health might be another reason, while suspensions could be yet another.

I’m afraid she’s been seduced by the dark side. Facebook!

Facebook?

Words fail me.

Well.....in that case, guess I won't be on there for a couple or three more years, then! :D

I think that this will happen sooner the that.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Just keep posting about photography, - and keep posting shots, and the backstories of those pictures, and helpful stuff about cameras, and technique, and tips and short-cuts , and and you'll arrive there in next to no time.

There are all sorts of reasons, but "just life" and other commitments - personal and professional - would be one of the key reasons.

Ill-health might be another reason, while suspensions could be yet another.

Facebook?

Words fail me.

I think that this will happen sooner the that.
Besides me FB is the only place she talks to anyone, so I guess it’s better than talking to no one.
But yes I’m with you, FB is not for me.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Several years ago, I cannot even remember now exactly when, a couple of friends dragged me, kicking and screaming, into signing up for FB and I still have that account, but I don’t post anything personal on it — my life is not filled with family and friends and lots of gatherings and events — and I’m sure not interested in posting there every time I do anything or have a meal either at home or somewhere else (nor am I interested in posting images of my activities or meals either there or on Instagram — but FB does come in handy once in a while for knowing how far-flung family members or friends are doing. Emails, texts and phone calls also serve the same purpose and are much more personal, of course. More recently, I’ve found the FB groups function to be useful for some of the topics in which I’m interested, so that is where I spend my time when I go into FB. Some days I forget to check FB altogether, as it’s not of key importance to me, and that’s fine as far as I’m concerned. I much prefer web-based discussion forums such as MR and Nikon Cafe.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
— but FB does come in handy once in a while for knowing how far-flung family members or friends are doing.
This is my only reason for even having a FB account. I rarely post, except to say Happy Birthday to a family member. I'm fiercely private and I don't see the point in sharing pictures of meals, or notifying the world when I travel, or (worst of all) reposting cute little sayings or funny videos of kids and pets. FB is 99.99% useless, IMHO.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This is my only reason for even having a FB account. I rarely post, except to say Happy Birthday to a family member. I'm fiercely private and I don't see the point in sharing pictures of meals, or notifying the world when I travel, or (worst of all) reposting cute little sayings or funny videos of kids and pets. FB is 99.99% useless, IMHO.
I have two family members I speak to besides Mrs AFB who I live with. Phone surfaces for that. Or texts.
No I don’t need people selling my data online and spying on me.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Last edited:
Reactions: eyoungren
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.