Top button sinking in, can I take to Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lokiju, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lokiju macrumors 6502

I bought my 3G from an AT&T store on 7/12, my top button is getting harder and harder to use and is "sinking" into the phone.

I compared it to my wifes and there is a clear difference and her's is much easier to press to sleep/lock and resume the phone.

Would warranty repairs need to be directed to the Apple store? Is that my best bet for this?

2. hsleiman macrumors regular

I have the same problem plus a dead pixel... I am also wondering if i should take mine back... this is my second 3G:confused:

3. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

Yes it's fixable as long as they have replacements. Although I noticed when I was in the Apple Store and they wouldn't replace it when I was buying my 3G iPhone. But they said I could come back at a later date to fix it.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

5. lokiju thread starter macrumors 6502

well I took it back this morning and they replaced it without giving me a hard time at all. Took all of 10 mins.

6. Afedock macrumors newbie

Mine also had this problem, they said "haven't seen this problem yet" and offered me an exchange. I had the guy open all 3 of the phones they had for exchanges and all of them had cosmetic problems. Two had dust under the screen, and two had "bubbles" on the back....Wonder what it will take to get a good iphone