Top Electric Shavers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by max2, Feb 16, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

What are some of the best electric shavers for facial hair please ? I need a new one.

2. canuckRus macrumors 6502a

canuckRus

Apple shavers, no question!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think ShaveRumors recommends the Philips pretty high :p

Seriously I use razors since I never gotten as close of a shave with electric models.

Check out Harry's, much cheaper then paying those exorbitant prices that Gillette charges.

4. elf69 macrumors 68020

elf69

I tried razor for a while but everytime it looked like I stuffed my face thru a barbed wire fence.

Not as close as a manual razor but at least I'm not bleeding every time lol.

5. jaduff46 macrumors 6502

jaduff46

Agree on the closeness of the shave. I've used them since having to give up my electric for Army basic training in 1966. Stiptic pencil at the ready until I got used to it.

A fellow commuter gave me a tip (odd topic I know) to dry the blades after using. Mine last probably at least a month now shaving every day.

Haven't tried Harry's but have been tempted.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

7. phrehdd macrumors 68040

phrehdd

For me its the iDontShave hands down. This is Apple's product with a zero negative feedback, zero support calls made and more. It simply doesn't shave and requires no upgrades, reboots or repair. Amazing.

8. jeyf macrumors 6502a

if going for a 5 o'clock shadow ck out on Amazon the Whal Peanut
    its a little corded hair clipper, i dont like dealing with a batteries and a charger. use with caution the clipper is quite aggressive. Suspect Amazon has knock offs on sale along with the original branded unit.

9. Jeremy A-H macrumors newbie

Jeremy A-H

I didn't used to get on with the Philips razor, but twenty years after I last tried them, I think they have improved tremendously.

I find Philips razors will now cut hairs of all thickness, whereas the Braun razors only cut thicker hairs. If you have hairs of varying thickness, Philips gets my vote.

10. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68030

Ulenspiegel

I've used Philips electric shavers for some time.
    Now back to good, old, reliable razors (Wilkinson in my case).

11. oldtime macrumors 6502

It really depends on your budget and what kind of grooming you're doing. I think Wahl makes the best sub $100 shavers, for what it's worth.

12. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Odd that I find this thread here right at the time that this is crossing my mind :p

I shave in the evening so that I save time in the morning getting ready and catching the train (crazy eh?).

While it is tempting, the price of one of these is enough for a few years supply of sharp razors!

13. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

14. bingeciren macrumors 6502a

bingeciren

For years I've been a Braun user. Then I discovered the linear motor shavers from Panasonic and have been using one for the past 10 years.

Five years ago I saw another Panasonic linear motor shaver in Singapore airport and bought it. It is my favourite shaver now. It is also a linear motor shaver, has three cutting blades and a very good trimmer. Charger works on worldwide voltage. The shaver uses a Li-Ion battery inside and one charge goes for 14 days. So for travels shorter than 2 weeks, no need to carry a charger. Shaves very close without irritation or pulling hair and it is reasonably quiet. This is a very compact machine and it is perfect for travel as well.

It is imported from Japan and available from Amazon USA.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002P3JXY4/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AG9O8W75I9YPB

15. MechaSpanky macrumors 6502

MechaSpanky

bingeciren,

I agree with you, Panasonic razors are great. I lived in Japan for a long time and while I was there I stumbled on a Panasonic electric razor at one of the local electronic stores and bought one that was on sale and I've never been happier. Great razor. I often travel between countries and so the worldwide voltage was a must and it works perfectly.

Mecha

16. ChuckInVegas macrumors newbie

ChuckInVegas

The best electric shavers are the ones that work well for you. I've used electric shavers in the past. Didn't work 'for me.' I think that's important... 'for me.' It's a personal thing.

Everyone's facial (or whatever) hair is unique to you. You might have to go through a few different types/brands and check out how well they get along with your face. Asking friends, family and forum members might get you the most popular names, and you should investigate them. But until you use one for a while, you can't be sure.

17. torana355, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017

torana355 macrumors 68030

18. Suture macrumors 6502a

Suture

I switched from Braun to Panasonic years ago. I stopped getting the cleaning cartridges because they didn't seem to do a good enough job. It does provide a pretty close shave.