Top end 27inch availability in-store in UK?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jbay, Jan 7, 2013.

1. jbay macrumors newbie

Anybody in the UK found any stock of the top end 27inch iMac in store? (i7, 680MX, 1TB fusion, 8GB RAM)

I went into the Cardiff apple store last Thursday to see if they had any, and got there just as someone else was buying the only one they had in stock. They were buying it for a teenage son who clearly had just told then to buy the best one they had. They had no idea what they were buying!! Very annoying.

Online ordering is 3-4 weeks delivery so was hoping to buy on store. Anyone now if the central London stores would be likely to have these models in stock?

2. harlex macrumors member

I dont think so, I order my one on the 16/17th Jan from Stormfront, and they haven't even got a 27 inch on display yet. I am expecting my MTO in tomorrow or wednesday, so I have been informed
    The best thing you can do if you can't find one place an order with Apple and wait, it may very well be with you in about 2-3 weeks.

3. Hitman.Killer macrumors newbie

Nope!

Just been in Apple Store Birmingham, they just had one display iMac and did not expect any more in stock until Feb they said :(
    Although, I heard that Amazon, Curry's and PC World will stock them soon in stores ( That's weird I know! )

4. gecko20 macrumors regular

Cool so the APR are beginning to recieve their orders? Great News

5. jbay thread starter macrumors newbie

The apple store in cardiff had the 2 basic build of the 27inch (£1499 and £1699 models) in stock, but just the one upgraded model (£2179). Gutted that I was about 15 mins too late!

I'll probably order online and just resign myself to waiting.