Top i7 MBA 11" or Base 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChevyHD, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ChevyHD macrumors newbie

Okay after doing some searching i'm questioning my decision like always. I bought the 13" MBP and a thunderbolt display. My main use is for photo editing because i'm a photographer and I wanted the 2.5ghz i5. I figured by buying the laptop and having the external monitor I can be serious about my editing on the big screen but also have a portable computer to bring around on locations.

Now i didn't really think the MBA could handle things like photoshop, lightroom, and final cut like the MBP could and also it has less memory and no upgradable RAM beyond 8gb. I could get the i7 though on the MBA and 8gb or RAM for a little more than the 13" MBP. But I would have a smaller screen when I'm not connected to the external how small really is an 11" screen? And less memory but I could use an external attached to the monitor for all my photo work and some video stuff.

So my question is should I be happy with my decision and keep the MBP 13" base model or return it for the MBA? Thanks everyone.