Top Iphone 5 cases???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Masatsui, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Masatsui macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I was wondering what your guys opinions were on the top case available now for the iphone 5. Mostly in the minimalistic and tpu style cases. I currently have a pixelskin hd case on but this version doesn't fit as tightly as I would like it to(some movement within the case). I was thinking about the air jacket set from power support. Another case I like the look of is the tech 21 impact snap with the flip cover. Are there any other styles like that, that isn't a wallet case and doesnt have a closure button?

2. BRyken macrumors 6502

3. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The Grip Candy by Belkin is the king of minimalistic TPU cases. It's sad that the PixelSkin HD doesn't fit properly, because it was my favorite case for the 4S.

I haven't held any Incipio cases, but some of them look nice.

4. PastorJeff macrumors member

Belkin Candy Sheer
    Speck Candy

Those are 2 really nice cases

5. BRyken macrumors 6502

I also tried the Otterbox Commuter but I liked it better on my 4S than with the 5. Seemed bulkier on the 5.

6. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

7. icemanzzz macrumors member

Here are my top 5:

Speck Pixelskin HD
    Elago Outfit
    Poetic Slimbook
    Spigen EX Metal
    Spigen Ultra Thin Air

8. russgold macrumors newbie

Speck CandyShell
    Speck CandyShell Grip
    Case-Mate Tough

amazon has them all cheaper then I can find in stores

9. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

If you are looking for a black case, I think the options are much better. White cases that are rubbery or TPU will pick up staining from normal use and look like crap in no time.

For white cases I have 4 favorites:

Spigen ultra thin in white
    Spigen ultra thin in soft clear
    Elago slim in white
    Switcheasy Tones

If I had a black phone:

Power Support Air Jacket
    Noot bumper style case with frosted back
    Noot slim
    Switcheasy Tones

10. Masatsui thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I tried the belkin candy but it bubbled my front and back screen protector i have the sgp ones. :( I'll probably try out the air jacket and ultra thin :D

11. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

I've tried a bunch of cases but I've only really liked 2 of them. The Poetic Atmosphere is the best as far as feel. The buttons are really easy to push and the case is extremely thin. The loose strap at the bottom doesn't bother me but some people find it annoying. The only problem I have is that it is a pain to get it off. The other one is the Switcheasy Tones. This case looks better than the poetic but it doesn't feel as good. I switch back and forth between the two. I liked the incipio frequency at first but it’s more bulky and covers up part of the speakers. I also like the diztronic but the headphone hole is too small for some of my headphones so I don't use it. The case crown thin case I got is just like the incipio feather an I like it too but I hate leaving the top and bottom uncovered because I don't want them to get scratched. I highly recommend the tones and atmosphere.

12. Apok macrumors regular

Def the poetic atmosphere. Plus you can't beat the prices if you buy it on Amazon. I am very pleased with the case.

13. mrgossett macrumors 6502

Just got the Casemate Tough case today. I've been using the white/black CandyShell Grip, which is very nice and fits well, but I actually needed something with more overall grip. The CandyShell Grip was very slippery if I happened to grab it or pick it up where there are no rubber grip areas. The Casemate Tough has a great feeling, slightly texturized, rubbery design that provides that grip all over the case, and it's very slim as well. It fits well and looks great (blue/gray case with white iPhone). The sleep/wake switch is a little hard to press, but I'll take that to get the overall grip and protection it provides. Also got it for 30% off on Cyber Monday.

14. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Doesn't bubble my SGP screen protector. It has to be on perfectly centered.

15. TCU macrumors newbie

16. Masatsui thread starter macrumors newbie

o_O I used the hinge method. I doubt I can get any more centered than that :p

17. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I also bought and tried the Incipio OVRMLD. Nice-looking case but not much grip, and it fits so tightly that it's VERY difficult to take off. I was afraid I was going to damage the phone trying to get it off. Once I finally got it off and had bruised thumbs, I decided I would never try that case again. It also bubbled up the edge of my screen protector.

18. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Hinge method doesn't guarantee a perfect install. I do it the normal way, and it's fine with my Grip Candy. Depending where the bubbling occurs, lift the screen protector and move it ever so slightly the other direction. I had to do this to find the perfect position.

19. Masatsui thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you guys tried out the odoyo sharkskin?

Edit: I want to try out the poetic atmosphere but I'm concerned about the open bottom. Does the lip sag after awhile?