Top lid wiggling

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hans3185, Jul 21, 2008.

1. hans3185 macrumors member

So I got my Macbook last week...love it (albeit I'm a bit OCD just like any new gizmo I get)

But I noticed something odd with my top lid. Whenever I close the laptop I can kinda wiggle the lid around...is that normal?

2. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Define wiggle... I just tried it and I didn't get that..

3. mando1246 macrumors newbie

mando1246

No its not normal. Take it to an Apple Store and let them know it has done it since you got it. If it is a hinge they will try and charge you for it. Make sure to get it looked at.

4. hans3185 thread starter macrumors member

I don't really know how to explain it...its not a HUGE wiggle, just very subtle. Kinda like wiggling your knee cap?

I bought it at an Apple store that was two and a half hours away...is there anyway I can bring it to my local Bestbuy and have it switched?

5. hans3185 thread starter macrumors member

Also, I have this little crack(?) or something on the side of the laptop. Does this warrant a replacement? I've barely touched my Macbook...only downloaded Firefox and Adium. I haven't even put up my own wallpaper yet!

[​IMG]

6. rubberball macrumors newbie

That crack is even more of a reason to take it in. Maybe damaged in transit?

I'd raise the concern that it is BRAND new and looks like it received damage to the cosmetic exterior, who knows what the inside looks like?

Let us know what happens!

7. LondonGooner macrumors 6502

get it changed. you can do it over the phone via mail, but it will mean being without your mac longer. Going to apple store will speed things up. your call on how bad you need it

8. hans3185 thread starter macrumors member

Is there any way I can get it exchanged at a Bestbuy? Driving over two hours isn't the most appealing thing to do...

9. rubberball macrumors newbie

It's worth a try, not sure it will work.

Might be worth a call to AppleCare, though I'm not sure what they would say.

10. hans3185 thread starter macrumors member

Well it hasn't even been 14 days...

Idk, I'll give 'em a call. I even bought the extended Apple Care so I should be okay right?

11. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yeah you should be good. My MacBook is about a year old now. It does not line up flush between the lid and base and the lid wiggles a little. Nothing has happened and I love it. Very minor to me, but if I were in your situation I would complain to get a new one. If I could go back I think I might.

12. rubberball macrumors newbie

Your laptop has 1 year of free AppleCare already, so the fact that you purchased the extended isn't relevant until 1 year after purchase.

Auzburner is correct though.

13. muldul macrumors 6502

I don't have that and my lid is broken, getting it replaced on thursday though:D