Top of iphone 6 darker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hashsi99, Oct 13, 2014.

1. hashsi99 macrumors member

Especially by the battery indicator. Anybody else with this problem? Everything else seems perfect. Not an issue unless reading in landscape.

2. Zebesbrain macrumors newbie

Yep, it's a known issue. Mine isn't too terrible, I may go to Apple Store and see if they'll replace. But chances are the new one may also have the dark spot. It's some ********.

3. cababah macrumors 68000

OP, got a pic so we can see what you're referring to?

4. Zebesbrain macrumors newbie

Here's what mine looks like.

Attached Files:

5. Joshoon macrumors regular

Joshoon

Yep, I got this too.
    At the top the screen is a bit darker, exactly as in the picture of Zebesbrain.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I seldom sit and look at white screens. If all of the 6 units have this, then there is no need in trading in your device.

7. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

8. hashsi99 thread starter macrumors member

That's exactly what I have

9. runningtowin macrumors member

Mine looked like this, with a few more splotches throughout the middle. I'm swapping it out (express replacement) but it's very possible the new one will be similar.

10. Ruprict macrumors newbie

They all look like this. Spotlighting at the top.

11. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

My 6 has this primarily in the upper right corner. It is very slight and not enough to return the phone for. It's mostly noticeable when using the Kindle app, but I don't often read on the phone. They don't all have this however if you count some of the ones on display in the Apple store. It's harder to see under the bright lighting and screens turned up to 100% brightness, but some clearly have it and others do not. A lot of the 6 phones in the store appear to have perfect screens - no spotlighting at the top and no yellow tints.

12. Ruprict macrumors newbie

I looked at 3 stores and about 40-50 6 and 6+'s. All had some spotlighting at different degrees. Some near undetectable, some down right ugly.

13. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I wasn't aware that this was an issue for the 6 plus. I guess the near undetectable ones cannot be detected by me and I'm pretty good at finding flaws.

14. Hoyboy macrumors regular

Mine is like this as well. I started a thread literally a few hours before yours outlining the same issues.

Part of me wishes I had waited a couple more months before I upgraded to the 6 so that these kind of problems had been ironed out.

15. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Unfortunately I don't think these kind of screen problems get ironed out. I would return the phone if you are not happy with it and hope it is replaced with one acceptable to you. I returned 3 iPad Airs with yellow screens last year before getting one that I was happy with and it is not perfect - just perfect enough for me. There is not one Apple device in my house with a "perfect screen" - just ones whose irregularities are minor and that I overlook in everyday use.

16. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

Lmao it's like my ipad airs all over again, just on the top rather than the left.

17. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

No issue with my 6+. Actually considering the hassle I had with iPad Air's and retina Mini's I'm quite disturbed my 6+ is perfect.

18. stasha macrumors 6502

i got a different problem but almost same with my old 5s,the top of the screen was dark so i turn off the paralax

19. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

My 6 has a seemingly darker spot just in the corner where the battery icon is. It's not terribly noticeable at all, so I'm not worrying about replacing it. The rest of the phone is flawless!

Sorry to hear about some of the others ones in here.

20. WilliamG macrumors G3

My wife's iPhone 6 is the same way. It doesn't bother her, and I'm not going to point it out - especially since many of these units seem to feature this anomaly.

21. macduke Suspended

macduke

Is this an iPhone 6 only issue? My Plus looks perfectly even top to bottom. I'd even go far enough to say that it's the most beautiful display I've ever seen.

22. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

Mine seems perfect. I'm going to stop looking now before I see a problem that may or may not be there and isn't big enough to have noticed up until now.

23. David126 macrumors newbie

Be happy your not stuck w an iPhone 6 w dead/stuck pixels. I went through the entire stock of iPhone 6 128gb at my local Apple Store. All the refurbs had dead pixels..all of them.

24. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

Yup 2 of mine had this and the 3rd had a dead pixel. Gave up and went with the 6+

25. pendragon1984 macrumors 6502

Original had this issue, the replacement a green tint on the left, waiting on 2nd replacement. This is my last try.