Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hashsi99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Especially by the battery indicator. Anybody else with this problem? Everything else seems perfect. Not an issue unless reading in landscape.

Zebesbrain

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Yep, it's a known issue. Mine isn't too terrible, I may go to Apple Store and see if they'll replace. But chances are the new one may also have the dark spot. It's some ********.

Zebesbrain

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Here's what mine looks like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 2,065

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
They all look like this. Spotlighting at the top.

My 6 has this primarily in the upper right corner. It is very slight and not enough to return the phone for. It's mostly noticeable when using the Kindle app, but I don't often read on the phone. They don't all have this however if you count some of the ones on display in the Apple store. It's harder to see under the bright lighting and screens turned up to 100% brightness, but some clearly have it and others do not. A lot of the 6 phones in the store appear to have perfect screens - no spotlighting at the top and no yellow tints.

Ruprict

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
My 6 has this primarily in the upper right corner. It is very slight and not enough to return the phone for. It's mostly noticeable when using the Kindle app, but I don't often read on the phone. They don't all have this however if you count some of the ones on display in the Apple store. It's harder to see under the bright lighting and screens turned up to 100% brightness, but some clearly have it and others do not. A lot of the 6 phones in the store appear to have perfect screens - no spotlighting at the top and no yellow tints.

I looked at 3 stores and about 40-50 6 and 6+'s. All had some spotlighting at different degrees. Some near undetectable, some down right ugly.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I looked at 3 stores and about 40-50 6 and 6+'s. All had some spotlighting at different degrees. Some near undetectable, some down right ugly.

I wasn't aware that this was an issue for the 6 plus. I guess the near undetectable ones cannot be detected by me and I'm pretty good at finding flaws.

Hoyboy

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
Mine is like this as well. I started a thread literally a few hours before yours outlining the same issues.

Part of me wishes I had waited a couple more months before I upgraded to the 6 so that these kind of problems had been ironed out.

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
Mine is like this as well. I started a thread literally a few hours before yours outlining the same issues.

Part of me wishes I had waited a couple more months before I upgraded to the 6 so that these kind of problems had been ironed out.

Unfortunately I don't think these kind of screen problems get ironed out. I would return the phone if you are not happy with it and hope it is replaced with one acceptable to you. I returned 3 iPad Airs with yellow screens last year before getting one that I was happy with and it is not perfect - just perfect enough for me. There is not one Apple device in my house with a "perfect screen" - just ones whose irregularities are minor and that I overlook in everyday use.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
No issue with my 6+. Actually considering the hassle I had with iPad Air's and retina Mini's I'm quite disturbed my 6+ is perfect.

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
My 6 has a seemingly darker spot just in the corner where the battery icon is. It's not terribly noticeable at all, so I'm not worrying about replacing it. The rest of the phone is flawless!

Sorry to hear about some of the others ones in here.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
My 6 has a seemingly darker spot just in the corner where the battery icon is. It's not terribly noticeable at all, so I'm not worrying about replacing it. The rest of the phone is flawless!

Sorry to hear about some of the others ones in here.

My wife's iPhone 6 is the same way. It doesn't bother her, and I'm not going to point it out - especially since many of these units seem to feature this anomaly.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Is this an iPhone 6 only issue? My Plus looks perfectly even top to bottom. I'd even go far enough to say that it's the most beautiful display I've ever seen.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Mine seems perfect. I'm going to stop looking now before I see a problem that may or may not be there and isn't big enough to have noticed up until now.

David126

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2013
Be happy your not stuck w an iPhone 6 w dead/stuck pixels. I went through the entire stock of iPhone 6 128gb at my local Apple Store. All the refurbs had dead pixels..all of them.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Yup 2 of mine had this and the 3rd had a dead pixel. Gave up and went with the 6+

pendragon1984

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Original had this issue, the replacement a green tint on the left, waiting on 2nd replacement. This is my last try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.