Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Went to make a call.

Ended call by tapping end call cause no answer.

I think I hit home button and on my springboard at top where bars, time and battery are turned green in a box with the call time showing underneath the time with end call next to call time.

Anyone else have this issue and what is it?

Marc

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Use iPhone applications while you’re on a call:
While on a call, press the Home button to go to the Homescreen and use other applications. Or tap Contacts to browse contacts.

So for example, you can check your calendar or takes notes while on a call. If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, you can also browse the web and use other Internet applications such as Maps—to find the location of a restaurant, perhaps.
To return to the call screen from another application, tap the green bar at the top of the screen

This is from the iPhone manual. Hope it helps explain what happened. It seems the call was active when you pushed the home button.

mrtune

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Wow.... this is actually a thread?

You would be surprised on how many people don't know that you can hit the home button during a call to do other stuff while talking on the phone.

I've come across several people that didn't know that.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
You would be surprised on how many people don't know that you can hit the home button during a call to do other stuff while talking on the phone.

I've come across several people that didn't know that.

Yeah but how many people don't know that but know what "Springboard" is?

RichL

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Chicago
Haha this is funny because I'm pretty tech savvy and when I got my iPhone I had no idea that was an option. SRSLY! It took me about 2 months to finally stumble upon the feature :p

ARF900

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2009
This is only AT & Ts favorite feature to advertise. And this is the only thing iPhone OS 3 can do that Droids really cant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.