Top Shelf Vodka

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I'm a single malt scotch drinker myself, but I'm buying a present for a friend who did me a big favor, and she's a vodka drinker. Another friend reccomended Imperia and I bought a 1L of that, but I was also thinking about getting a bottle of Verticle as well. Any other suggestions for a top shelf Vodka?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
There's a very nice vodka from New Zealand called 42 Below and it comes in some interesting flavours - kiwifruit, passionfruit, manuka honey and feijoa (guavasteen). I'd post a link to their website but its under reconstruction at the moment.

apfel

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2007
I agree with the previous post 42 Below is a great Vodka. Try the feijoa one it is well worth it!

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
No one's mentioned this one yet -- Ketel One.

I'd put up against some of the higher end ones (especially considering cost), but of course I've had homemade out of a bathtub (basically) Russian vodka once that blew everything else I've had away.

Anyone else tried Ketel One?

tkidBOSTON

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2005
The Hub of the Universe
No one's mentioned this one yet -- Ketel One.

I'd put up against some of the higher end ones (especially considering cost), but of course I've had homemade out of a bathtub (basically) Russian vodka once that blew everything else I've had away.

Anyone else tried Ketel One?
Its obviously less popular in Madrid, but here in the US (atleast the Northeast) Ketel One is served at most casual bars as their "high end" vodka.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Thanks for the suggestions....there are so many "premium" vodkas out there, and it seems like if you get something over $35 or so you're just paying for a fancy bottle.

Thank god for the little sampler bottles!

EDIT: I went with the Ketel One, they didn't have any Verticle. I can't believe how many varieties of Vodka there are with no real difference between them other than a fancy bottle...