"Top Sites" in Safari behavior

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chaoticbear, Feb 16, 2011.

1. chaoticbear macrumors 6502

MR has of course made its way into my Safari "Top Sites" - but that page in general has a behavior I don't like - when I look at the "Top Sites" view, it triggers the timestamp in MR, so next time I go there, regardless of whether or not I actually visit. I assume it's reloading all those pages in the background and MR thinks I'm on the page.

Anyway, it's a minor inconvenience to not have the "new threads" and "first unread post" be correct when I get here. Short of not using Top Sites, is there any way to fix this?

2. sportster macrumors 6502

I noticed that too. Never really looking into it. Just don't use the top sites features now because of that.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I disabled Top Sites. It chews up disk space. But, I seem to remember that you could select how many sites make the list. Can you limit that enough so that MR doesn't show up? The other obvious solution would never be mentioned here.

4. chaoticbear thread starter macrumors 6502

Naw. I mean, I don't actually really use the function to its full potential anyway, I guess it's just soothing to have a futuristic glimpse at all 12 windows at once, or something. Eyecandy, I suppose.

I turned it off after the Safari update where it came along anyway.