Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaoticbear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
MR has of course made its way into my Safari "Top Sites" - but that page in general has a behavior I don't like - when I look at the "Top Sites" view, it triggers the timestamp in MR, so next time I go there, regardless of whether or not I actually visit. I assume it's reloading all those pages in the background and MR thinks I'm on the page.

Anyway, it's a minor inconvenience to not have the "new threads" and "first unread post" be correct when I get here. Short of not using Top Sites, is there any way to fix this?

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I disabled Top Sites. It chews up disk space. But, I seem to remember that you could select how many sites make the list. Can you limit that enough so that MR doesn't show up? The other obvious solution would never be mentioned here.

chaoticbear

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Naw. I mean, I don't actually really use the function to its full potential anyway, I guess it's just soothing to have a futuristic glimpse at all 12 windows at once, or something. Eyecandy, I suppose.

I turned it off after the Safari update where it came along anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.