'Top Sites' No Longer Updating

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ToddJ, Feb 28, 2015.

1. ToddJ macrumors 6502

I'm not sure why, but the 'Top Sites' feature no longer updates. I then tried to close all the little windows, but now nothing shows up at all. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

If the image below represents what you see in the top right corner of the page, you need to click the right hand option to see your Top Sites.

Attached Files:

3. ToddJ, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015

ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the reply. I do know how to get to the 'Top Sites' part of Safari, but unfortunately i just can't get them to update. I restore a 'Top Sites' plist from Time Machine so know the thumbnails are back, but only two of them show up with the preview thumbnail.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Artimus12 macrumors 6502

Artimus12

Didn't realise you still needed an answer. I'll have another crack at it - never say die. :)

Have you tried adjusting the amount of Top Sites in your preferences to see if that makes any difference to them reloading? I find that whenever I delete a panel, it's repopulated from either my past/history or the Safari defaults.

Attached Files:

6. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you Artimus! I have switched between the three options for amount of sites, and to no avail. The only one that still shows up is the iCloud website.

7. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502