Top sites not appearing on safari Yosemite

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daghstdrummer, Oct 22, 2014.

1. daghstdrummer macrumors member

I upgraded to Yosemite and now my top sites don't show up.... any settings i need to modify?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

John

2. someoneoutthere, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

someoneoutthere macrumors regular

When you open a new tab... It lists your "favorites" by default.
    Just under the "tab", at the top right corner, you should see buttons "star" and "dots" right next to each other.
    Clicking on the "star" shows you your favorites and clicking on the "dots" shows you your top sites.

Attached Files:

3. daghstdrummer thread starter macrumors member

Yep That I saw however I used to have alot of top sites and since upgrading to Yosemite only 2 show up. I've done some digging and figured out that when bookmarking a site there is also an option to list the site in your "top sites" tab.

4. someoneoutthere macrumors regular

When you move your mouse over to the left of the address line and long click on the "+", you can save/add that particular link under your Top Sites.
    However, from my limited experience, in order to see that website in the "Top Sites" window, you need to clean up the websites that are automatically included in the Top Sites list first. To do that, hover your mouse on one of those "square" website screenshots and click on "x". Continue doing that 'till you finally see the websites you've been adding show up.
    You can then "pin" them there by clicking on the pin icon right next to the "x".
    It's a little confusing to explain, but hope it helps.