Top Sites organize options

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trlyka, Feb 3, 2012.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I was wondering if there was a way to organize the 'Top Sites' web pages. I have a bunch of useless sites I may have gone to only once or twice.

When I open a new tab or select the 'Show Top Sites' icon, I would like to have sites on there that I actually use. Is there a way to select which sites are listed there? Kind of like a favorites option.

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

There is an EDIT button on the bottom left to pin or delete sites from Top Sites.
    To add sites to Top Sites, just press CMD+D and select Top Sites from the selection menu.

3. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Thanks! I can't believe I missed that Edit option. The CMD+D doesn't seem to do anything, but the drag and drop works.

Now if I can oly get the sites to remember my user names and passwords :roll eyes:

I used to have it through Norton security on my Dell. I don't have seem to have the option anymore.

4. karlsmacpro macrumors member

Top sites "permanent marker" not working

I've had several of my topsites marked as "permanent" for a long while and it has been working fine. I now want to change some of them but the "permanent" markers don't keep the changes I want to make. I've tried quitting Safari and shutting down my MBP (Sept 2009, 13") after I've made the changes but they still are not kept. Any ideas??