Top Ten Ways to ........

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Good find Stubeef. Some of those were mind boggleling to say the least... :rolleyes:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
That is really interesting on what could happen. I thought the mini black hole was the weirdest way to destroy earth. But my favorite line of that whole thing would have to be:

The result: an absolutely spectacular collision, resulting hopefully in Earth (and, most likely, our "cue ball" too) being pulverized out of existence

Militar

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2005
Could research and design a real Death Star. Blow it to bits in no time.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
runninmac said:
That is really interesting on what could happen. I thought the mini black hole was the weirdest way to destroy earth. But my favorite line of that whole thing would have to be:
I liked that line too- "Cue ball" :p

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Building a Dyson sphere ain't gonna cut it here. (Note: Actually, it would. But if you have the technology to build a Dyson sphere, why are you reading this?) See No. 6 for a possible s
That was my favourite line. Of course I have no idea what a Dyson sphere is.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
This one is better.

"Look mom, we're all airplanes!"

All that said, the prospect of humanity ending up totally wacko is actually very likely. You read that right: very likely! It doesn’t have anything to do with shrinks – but with basic biology..

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
millar876 said:
if i remember my star trek - TNG, a dyson sphere is basicly an outsise in artifical planet built arround a small sun. Kinda like the ring world halo, but a sphere.

So a giant Halo surrounding the sun? (but a sphere not a ring)

So how could you use this to destroy the earth?

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
MongoTheGeek said:
The idea is you tear apart the earth to build the thing.

The ancient chinese started it with the great wall of china. They gave up before they got it finished. :)

pfffffft hahahahaha
That's hilarious!

Thanks I get it now.

It's great when it takes forever for someone to explain a joke to you, and when you get it, you still actually think it's funny.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
Sharewaredemon said:
Who would name their kid Jeb anyway?
Its his initials. Birth Name John Ellis Bush.

As for being El Presidente I doubt he will be nominated. He has said before he isn't actively seeking the nomination.

Condi Rice perhaps. The usual suspects will probably also give it a shot.

Edwards and Hillary are going to duke it out for the Dems.

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
Jaffa Cake said:
The von Neumann machines caught my eye...

A von Neumann machine is any device that is capable of creating an exact copy of itself given nothing but the necessary raw materials.

...and reminded me of this thread...

We're doomed! :eek:
My favorite as well. Seems like those guys would have to be resourceful to mine all the raw materials....

I also liked the bit about including rocket propulsion in the design. ;)

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Ok, I know the site is called Live Science and I'm not a terrorist looking for ways to destroy the world... but don't you think they were a little too scientific. Jokingly ones like the sling Mars into Earth is light-hearted and funny, but some of the others... well.. perhaps you've got to be a scientist to find them funny...