Top "thin" iPhone cases at Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ajohnson253, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Hey all, in a few days I am thinking of taking a trip to apple but before I go I have a question. I am looking for another case, currently I have the agent 18 ecoshield. I love it, great case and keeps the bezel showing i like that.
    Now I was curious to if the apple store carries thin cases which I'm sure they do but something very thing with an open bezel. I never drop my phone so minimum protection is ok. Just something to stop scratches on the body. Also, I am no fan if shiny cases. Matte kind of guy.
    Thanks a lot guys

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

It sounds like the Switcheasy Nude is the case for you! Here is the link. They don't sell it in the Apple Store so you'll have to order it online. It's worth the money though and is probably one of the thinest out!

3. iPhoneBoi macrumors newbie

Either the nude (but it is not at the apple store) or the contour flick. I have the contour flick and its pretty nice. I haven't scratched my phone yet like others have with that case, so just clean it before you put it in.

4. iPhoneBoi macrumors newbie

and also they have a matte flick called the flick hardskin.

5. V4705 macrumors 6502

the "hardskin" is a different case and it's bulkier than the flick.

i love the flick, very thin and yet gives some "lay-on-the-table design"\screen protection.

but, it's a scratches magnet, lots of hairline scratches from i don't know what, i haven't drop or rub it against the table...
    and as with all slider-cases you have to clean the case and the phone at least ones a week to avoid scratches on the back of your phone (from the case itself).

so i think snap-on cases (like the air jacket) will be much easier to use\maintain.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

7. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Yeah I heard of the Incipio Feather and was interested and forgot until you just said that, thanks a lot I should check one of those out. I was looking at some reviews and unboxing vids. As long as I find something black or grey or maybe a bronze.

Appreciate it everyone

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

For the love of all that is holy, do NOT buy the feather.
    The 3 that I went through were impossible to remove without it snapping by where the iPhone's dock connector is. I'd definitely recommend the Power Support Air Jacket, sold at the Apple store.

9. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Thank you also, what are there selection of colors? does the apple website actually have the cases that they carry in store?

10. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

To be honest, I'm not sure if there are any other colors. I went straight for the matte black, so my answer would be maybe? Lol. I'd check w/ your store to see what they have in stock, as I've dealt with plenty of stores that have different things in stock.