Top ToDo/Calendar: AwesomeCal, CalenGoo, Calendars, 2Do?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lokerd, Jun 16, 2012.

1. lokerd, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012

lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Hello. I am in search of the holy grail, I know.

But has anybody else gone through this search and settled on one or the other?

The most important thing to me is sync with Google Tasks and Calendar and it MUST be universal with AutoSync with iPhone and iPad.

Thanks!

2. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

One thing I have learned in the last few days is that GoTasks is one of the best one out there. It is one of the only ones with collapsible lists. Syncs automatically and very fast with GoogleTasks and runs perfectly in iPhone and iPad. I tried a bunch and none of the others so far allow collapsible list except My Tasks, but it had a strong tendency to drop things I. The wrong place and nested lists ended up I side of other lists too easily. And the sync was manual or auto only every 10 minutes as the shortest I reevaluate. GoTasks syncs almost immediately after a change.

I ruled out AwesomeCal from the lite version.

But, I still need some feedback about CalenGoo vs Calendars vs 2Do.

Anybody?

3. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I have them three.
    Probably not a smart choice back then because I like synching with Apple's calendar whatever thingy...
    BUT, I can help you out.

Tell me what to test and I'll report back the results.

By the way, I ended up using Awesome Note (aNote) instead of 2Do for quick notes (for long ones, Evernote, although Awesome Note can sync to evernote and the iPad version looks well.. awesome!).

I can probably do a lot of more stuff with aNote, but then I'm also kinda looking for a simple ToDo app with reminders and recurrence and calendar sync, and would likely not mess with aNote for it, but time has been scarce since I got my new iPad / iPhone a couple weeks ago, so I need to sit down a weekend and test a lot of stuff (you know, build my new productivity path so to speak).

Maybe also tell me your case scenarios, how you use those apps and I can benefit from your "schema" as well ;)

4. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Yeah! Somebody to help with the search! Thanks!

I think I can rule out CalenGoo, at least based on an earlier version on an old version I tried.

One of the big things is being able to best to do list. Like the image below. It allows easy nesting. I can easily collapse Thuraday. And I can easily drag stuff from another list, like Tuesday, to today. Now, I made those list for each day. And granted, there are better to do list, but not so many that I have found that sync with Google Tasks. The more I have been using GoTasks, I am really liking it. It is simple but syncs very fast. Mainly, it is easy to move things around. And although there are others that allow the Google control of nesting, the others do not allow you to collapse a list. In fact, even online, Goigle Tasks does not allow collapsing of a nested list.

So, the big question is, do either of the other two apps allow collapsing of a nested list???

Thanks!

[​IMG]

5. typeadam macrumors regular

GoTasks is probably the best one you'll find. I've test nearly all free and a lot of the paid ones. (Yes, I've bought 'em just to test 'em and if they sucked...oh well.)
    GoTasks is THE ONLY one that syncs Completed Tasks w/ Google Tasks as well from the ones I've tested. That may not be important to some people but I've been in plenty of situations where I needed to look up an old task and this was the only app that does that.
    I know it's probably not the answer you're looking for but ToDo apps that sync w/ the Calendar have given me issues in the past so I gave up on them and keep my Calendar and ToDo separate. Usually I'll keep high-priority or major events in the calendar and general reminders in my ToDo app.