Topic for the next Fortnightly Challenge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JohnMC, Jul 18, 2009.

1. JohnMC macrumors 6502

As hopefully everyone has seen, I have been trying to bring back a photography assignment like the old monthly assignments. You can find the current thread here.

The rules that the community (who gave input) decided upon require future topics to be submitted and voted upon. The current topic, which runs until July 27, is Silhouettes.

If you are interested in participating in the Fortnightly Challenge, please suggest new topic ideas. The next challenge will run from July 28-Aug 11. Because of this, we need to get started on a new topic if this is going to continue. Hopefully we can have a handful of good topics in the next few days so we can bring it to a vote.

2. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

I just spent 2 weeks at a camp. One of my responsibilities was to teach foreign language skills. "Alphabet" was the first thing that came to my mind for the next theme.

I love to think while I drive - it gives me something to do.

Another idea: Form & Color

3. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Hi.

There are two framing concepts that always fascinate me with their possibilities. One is Edges, subject mater at the extreme edge of the frame and the other is Isolation. Isolation can be taken to have a wide set of meanings like being alone or more abstract like one bright color against a background.

Dale

4. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

Here's a few stimuli words of which I was given to do my exam work to in photography some time ago, I chose hidden and went into macro photography.

- Attached
    - Hidden
    - Faded
    - Reflect
    - Chromatic

Would be interesting to see what people come up with to one of these.

Luke.

5. kreuzberg macrumors member

The first things that spring to my mind were Texture and Depth

6. JohnMC thread starter macrumors 6502

All right, I think we should give everyone until Fri July 24 at 5PM CDT to submit additional topics. Then tomorrow night, I will post a poll and we can vote on our next challenge topic. Thanks to everyone who submitted ideas.

John