Topic -- Fortnightly Challenge -- July 25 thru Aug 7

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JohnMC, Jul 22, 2010.

1. JohnMC macrumors 6502

Hi All,

We need another topic for our next fortnightly challenge that starts on Sunday. If you have a suggestion, post it here...

John

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Motion
    Movement - This may have been a Weekly Contest topic some months ago. I forget.
    Primary Colors - red, blue, yellow (traditional. Used in art.) or red, green, blue (The additive colors) being the dominate colors. We would have to decide on which to use. Look them up in Wikipedia. Or maybe not. Let the photographer decide.
    Soft
    Geometric Shapes

Dale

3. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

I like primary colors. I think we could either limit it to the three primaries or include the three additives. Would we limit it to true primary tones or allow something like "sky blue." My recommendation would be to limit it to true primaries.

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Pure primary colors are a bit hard to find, but that was my thinking. Red is red and yellow is yellow, but there are a lot of tones of green and blue out there. Just stick with Primary Colors and see what users come up with. I think.

Still looking for more input.

Dale

5. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I think Movement sounds good and I for one would certainly find it more accessible!

6. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

I too think Motion/Movement sounds great. Between freezing it and emphasizing it, there's lots of room for creativity.

7. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Agreed, whereas some topics are black and white movement would offer more scope to do things and not a sort of copy cat thread where the originality can grow old quite quickly.

8. someoldguy macrumors 65816

I'll go for movement also . While primary (or additive) colors are intriguing , finding subjects containing just the 3 might be too limiting.

9. Maxxamillian macrumors 6502

Movement has my vote as well. If it were up to me, I would change "primary colors" to "color" for broad and simple interpretation.

10. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

^ Agreed. My intent was to look for images that were dominated by any of the primary or additive colors. Not containing all three. That's way too tight.

^ I tossed out Color and Colorful several times in previous challenges. Where were you when I needed you? :)

Movement has the lead. Please offer your ideas for topics. The more the merrier.

Dale

11. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

It's the 25th and it looks like "movement" has all of the votes.

Mr. Chairman and Mr. Herder, what do you say.

12. JohnMC thread starter macrumors 6502

I say, up goes the challenge. I'll go post it now.

John