Topic - Fortnightly Challenge - Nov 14 thru Nov 27

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JohnMC, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JohnMC macrumors 6502

Hi All --

It is time to discuss our next fortnightly challenge topic, so if you have any ideas please share them here. Also, since our last topic ended up being a bust (kind off), I want to know if people would like to take a break for the holidays. This new challenge will almost at the end of the month, so the question is, should we take December off and restart the challenge in January? Any thought or opinions are welcome.

John

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Yes, Thanksgiving through to the new year will be hectic. A break during the holdiays sounds like a great idea. I am not sure what to do between now and Thanksgiving. I'm Ok either way, trying one more before Thanksgiving or waiting out until the new year. If we do one-how about colors or autumn (althought there ahve been a lot of autumn-type photos submitted on the November POD). Just a thought.

3. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

A break after this Challenge would be a good idea. It seems to me that it's time to sit back and take a second look at how the Challenge fits into DP in general. It seems to have lost it's "Post a photo and lets talk about it" thing that we started out with. Exploring photography on a common topic.

My laundry list of ideas:

Photo Rules from: From Amateur Snapper

Balancing Elements
    Viewpoint
    Background
    Framing
    Cropping

Other ideas:

Toys
    Water
    Buildings
    Points of Interest