Topic -- Fortnightly Challenge -- Oct 23 thru Nov 5

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JohnMC, Oct 21, 2009.

1. JohnMC macrumors 6502

Hi All, It's that time again to pick a new topic for our challenge. I have been waiting for a good word of the day to show up on dictionary.com but have yet to see one this week that seems photogenic. If you have any suggestions for a topic let us have at them and discuss.

John

2. emorydunn macrumors 6502

emorydunn

Maybe something Halloween themed. I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head but if I come up with something I'll post it.

3. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Hi, John.

It's fall in the NorthWest. How about Dull/Grey/Rainy/Depressing/IfIDontSeeSunI'mGonnaCry...

Honestly what about Still Life or the thesaurus variations of "Unusual"?

Unusual: uncommon, abnormal, atypical, unexpected, surprising, unfamiliar, different; strange, odd, curious, out of the ordinary, extraordinary, unorthodox, unconventional, outlandish, singular, special, unique, peculiar, bizarre; rare, scarce, few and far between, thin on the ground, exceptional, isolated, occasional, infrequent; informal weird, offbeat, out there, freaky.

Dale

4. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

As long as we don't chose "Pumpkin" then I'm cool.
    Right now the word of the day is aesthete \ES-theet\ , noun:
    1.One having or affecting great sensitivity to beauty, as in art or nature.

Its a tough one.

5. stagi macrumors 65816

stagi

I like this, I think "atypical" would be a good one

6. mikshayne macrumors member

I dunno....I kinda like aesthete. Seems like this describes an artist....photos of an artist...or the creation of art....could be interesting.

7. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

With the release of this new batch of High ISO Cameras that can "See in the Dark..."

....I propose we shoot Ghosts! I think we should be (or the camera should be) able to see the metaphysical, paranormal now....I think I actually saw one on Cnet's ISO 102,600 shot yesterday...not sure though;)

J

8. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

When we hit 9 digit ISOs we will be able to see forward and backward through time. Now that will be very cool. I think Canon has one scheduled for release next year.

As for the topic. I'll like anything that invites broad interpretation. I like pumpkins and still life images might be interesting but I prefer "fuzzy" themes. When John started this challenge we threw out things that form and color, texture, depth, etc. I would like to see such a theme every 3rd or 4th challenge.

9. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Would that put it on the shelves yesterday?

I would like to stick to something like "depth" or whatever every now and then, also. An obviously photographic topic.

Dale

10. JohnMC thread starter macrumors 6502

The new thread is up with the topic of "eerie" Hopefully this works a middle between a Halloween topic and a more challenging "depth" of something like it.

John