Torchlight mods

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by MrBean, May 20, 2010.

1. MrBean macrumors member

So what mods have everyone got working? Most of the ones I have tried just caused the crash upon bootup.

I got these 2 to work though by simply dropping them into the mods folder which is quite nice :

BetterBalanceSalesPrices

BetterRandomQuestRewards

2. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I haven't messed with any mods yet. Will check those out. Thanks.

3. Metalmorphed macrumors member

The Respec mod also works.
    It makes that you can assign your skill points again ;) Very useful and fun to try out different strategies without having to start all over again

4. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

There's a mod that eliminates the possibility of your weapon losing its enchants when you enchant it. I'm thinking about trying that out. I am also thinking about the mod that increases your potion stack counts (to 200 I think it was).

5. Benthic macrumors newbie

What "mods" directory? My install of Torchlight doesn't create a mod directory. ..

6. Metalmorphed macrumors member

In library->application support->runic games->torchlight->mods

7. bailmdb macrumors newbie

You're supposed to be able to just unzip the entire mod and place the folder into the \mods folder in your Library, right? I downloaded the Merchant Pack, the Potionstack and an endless monster room (for power leveling). But now Torchlight won't launch. I moved all of the modded folders from my \mods folder and Torchlight launched (without any mods, of course). Any ideas why it won't launch with those mods?

8. MrBean thread starter macrumors member

make sure for 1 that there are no .adm files at all anywhere in them... past that not sure. Also, you can add em one at a time so you can figure out which one isn't working.

9. Jayjader macrumors newbie

I tried deleting all the ones I found in my mods, the problem is that after Torchlight crashed form it's launch, I looked in the mod folders, and each and every .dat file had cloned itself into a .dat.adm file! This happens every time I delete the .adm files and launch Torchlight. Anyone know why?

10. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I haven't tried any of the mods yet - I'm having fun with it just the way it is (started New Game Plus last night, and I swear I'm finding different things already, even though it's supposed to be the same game, just harder).